Common welsh green

Harry and I sat at the beach like we had all those years ago. The ocean was calm today and the sun was warm. He had arrived a couple days ago and was still adjusting to Meri. I watched our daughters play in the ocean together with Ginny.They all looked so happy, all that was missing was Hermione. I sighed heavily while daydreaming. Harry chuckled and slapped my back.

"She looks so much like Hermione. Ma says you're going to go looking for her again." He finally says and I nod quietly. After a few more moments of silence he clears his throat to gain my attention again. "I'm coming with you."

I wanted to tell him no, that we would be okay on our own. He should stay with his family while I try to reunite mine. Hermione is his sister and you can't stop siblings, so I took a deep breath and smiled.

"Only if it's okay with Ginny, I hate to get on her bad side." I say and stood up to join my daughter.Potter stood up and walked with me.

"Be more likely to be on her bad side if I didn't go with you.Gin is getting tired of me moping about my sister." His voice was equal parts laughter and seriousness. "Gin and Evie will stay here with Ma. You sure you want to bring Meri? She's so young and it probably won't be safe."

He had a point, one i had considered myself many times. I'm almost positive the only way to find Hermione is with Meri help. Also I refuse to be separated from my little one.When Meri saw us walking towards the water she began running towards me. The word Da tumbling out of her mouth repeatedly while she laughed. I scoop her up in my arms and she laughs more as she wraps her wet arms around my neck.

"You're right Harry, but little one here is going to help me. Aren't you little one?" I ask tickling her side making her squeal in laughter as she nodded excitedly.

"I help find mama." she exclaimed proudly as she looked at her uncle. They are still cautious around each other but slowly getting more comfortable with each other. He shrugged and shook his head as we approached the water. Evie made grabby hands at him to pick her up. Harry bent down and picked her up. Ginny came and gave me a hug before taking Meri from me. Meri happily went to her to continue playing.

"So when do we leave?" Harry ask and Ginny shot me a quick look before smiling and nodding. Meri was showing her some swim trick she had master last week.

"At the end of the week, Rolf should be back from visiting his grandfather. I want to have as much information as we can get. I decided it would be best for him to stay behind with Luna and the children. He wants to go so bad, but it's just not a good time." i say and Potter agreed with me. We spent the rest of the week letting the kids play and preparing the new boat for the trip.James and Lily still weren't thrilled with me taking Meri, but she is my daughter. I still love saying that. Little one is mine and Hermiones. Rolf returned and gave us a fairly large journal with all the information he and his grandfather could find on sea nymphs and Jengu. All the ancient myths both muggle and wizarding.

The night before we left James and Lily threw us a dinner party. Luna and Rolf smothered Meri with hugs and affection. They had become quite attached to her. Everyone who meets her gets that way. I don't think it's because she's a sea nymph. She has that light that her mother had, she just radiates warmth and love. I'm starting to believe she saved my life. The road i was walking down wasn't one that would have a happy ending. Since Meri came into my life, I feel hope again. I have to be better for her, she's depending on me. While lost in my thought James sat beside me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Son, you sure we can't convince you to leave Meri with us? Lily is hating the idea of all her children and grandchild being gone." He said with a sad voice, I could tell he felt the same as his wife.

"I'll bring back both your children sir. I promise."I finally said and he smiled and shook his head.

"Cedric, you know we consider you one of our children as well. You're family son, we worry about you too." I felt a knot quickly form in the back of my throat and a burn of tear biting at my eyes. I nodded my head quickly and gave a struggling smile. For years I have felt alone and now I have a family. James got up and left me with my thoughts.

"Da,'m tired." Meri whined as she climbed on to my lap and laid her head on my shoulder. I kiss the top of her head and stand up.

"Okay, my little one. Let's tell everyone good night. We leave early in the morning." She smiled up at me with a little yawn.

"We find mama?" She asked as I walked us towards the group. I nodded down at her and watched as she was passed from one hug to another. She never seemed overwhelmed by the attention, but she still preferred to be around me. A selfish part of me enjoyed being my daughters favorite.I wonder if that will stay the same when we find Hermione. The next morning came to soon and we went to the dock and spent a good hour saying goodbye to everyone again. Once we left the dock Meri sat on the seat beside the steering. I looked at her and smiled.

"Now,let's go find mama." She laughed excitedly and clapped her hands together as we headed out into the open ocean.