Graphorn

Lily came down and sat beside me. She sighed and stretched her legs out. Meri is quite a handful when she wants to be.

"She wanted you to read to her, didn't think I'd ever get her to sleep." She said in a tired voice. I got up to make her some tea.

"Mrs.Potter, Ione told me all about you. It's an honor to meet you." Draco said and I could feel the daggers her eyes were throwing at him.

"You took my daughter." She said calmly but coldly.

"It's a little more complicated then that." He began his face full of remorse.

"You will not take my granddaughter." I put the cup by her and my hand on her shoulder.

"She belongs with her father." He said and Lily hand grabbed mine as I gripped her shoulder a little tighter. "Which is why I'm leaving her here."

Lily gasped and I sat down on the chair. Meri couldn't be more then two. This wasn't possible.Her and Draco are mates.

"Meri is mine?" I finally croaked out and Draco nodded with a concerned face.

"You really didn't know?" He asked and laughed when we shook our heads.

"That's just. Wow. She has your eyes, how did you not notice. Based off the interaction between you two I'm assuming you're the only one that can calm her down? She constantly touches the mark I know you have?" I nodded
at all his questions.

"I'm going to go get her." Lily said as she scrambled out of her chair. I was in shock I couldn't think straight, I know Draco was still talking but I couldn't hear him.

"Da?" Her sleepy voice came from behind me. She was holding Lily hand and a stuffed raven I got her.

"Little one." I pulled her into my lap and held her tightly. Draco was right, how did I not see it. She had her mothers curls but in a dark blonde color. Much like my mine was when I was young. I always thought her eyes were like Draco but his are a lighter blue and hers are grey like mine.

"Da okay?"  She had dropped her toy and put both of her tiny hands on my cheeks. "Wet."

I don't know when I started crying and I didn't care. My little one was really mine. She was mine and Hermione, created out of love.

"I'm okay little one. Sorry we woke you up." I smoothed her curls and held her small face in my hands. "I just really needed to see you."

She giggled and hugged me. I look up and Draco had a sad smirk on his face. He stood up and walked over to us.

"Hey Angelfish." He said and she looked at him with a small smile. "I'm going to go back in the water. You ever need me you call for me. You remember how to?" She nodded quickly at his question. He put his hand on her head and kissed the top of her head. "Take care of her."

After he left the kitchen Lily ran to the guest house to get Luna. I sat with Meri rocking her gently as we waited for them to come back.

"Luna is feeding the twins, Lily told me what happened." Rolf said as he sat across from us. "If you don't mind me asking, did you ever suspect that she might be yours?"

"No, I mean Hermione has been gone for close to four years, Meri is barely two. I just didn't think." I admitted and little one looked up at me with a smile before laying her head against my shoulder.

"Another question, I've notice Meri always puts her head on the same spot. Did Hermione by chance bite you at any point in your courtship?" I looked at Lily with hesitation. I couldn't find it in me to tell her what happened. So I nodded softly and Rolf made a face. "I see."

"She bit you? Why on earth would she do that?" Lily sounded upset and again I couldn't tell why or when. There's some things mothers don't need to know.

"Most mate pairs mark each other, I noticed Draco didn't have a scar. It's possible it's somewhere else but it's almost always at the junction of the neck and shoulder." He was being scientific about the whole thing, which I was thankful for. "So I have to ask, you bit her back didn't you?"

I mean it wasn't as hard as she did me, but I did. Again Lily was looking at me like I was insane. With a deep breath and a swallow I nodded. Rolf laughed bitterly.

"Lily please take Meri down to Luna. Tell her she was right again." Rolf said looking at me like he wanted to strangle me.

I kissed Meri head as she went with her grandmother. Rolf waited til the door closed before he stood up.

"You two claimed each other and you didn't feel the need to tell us. No wonder Draco can't find her. Anything else you're not tell us. Are you actually a werewolf." He was furious, I was confused.

"We claimed each other?" I whispered my fingers touched the scar under my shirt.

"Yes, you idiot." He ran his hair though his hands. "I can understand why she bit you, that's her instinct. Did she tell you to bite her. I don't need the detail. I know when the bites are exchanged, so please spare me the details."

"It was the day after she bit me, she felt so bad about it. I thought if I bit her back she'd feel less bad. It was towards the end when everything was falling apart." I explained as he began laughing.

"You two were complete idiots. Luna thought at the very least Hermione marked you. She noticed you never take your shirt off and Meri is always putting her head on what I'm assuming is your mark." I nodded and he continued. "It probably still carries Hermione scent, it comforts her."

"She went with Draco, she may have claimed me but she went with him. I thought mated pairs couldn't be away from each other?" I asked getting angry as the conversation continued. Hermione chose Draco and the ocean, I don't need to know anything else. I just want to be with my daughter.

"Jengu have to stay with their mates. Sea nymphs don't, they choose their mates. They don't have to be with them. I'm assuming you've not felt right since she left?" He asked and I nodded. I had just assumed it was heartbreak.

"Draco said we would have felt it if she was gone? He meant me, she claimed me." I asked and it was his turn to nod.

"Yeah, from what I've read about this you would of felt something. I don't know what though." Rolf seemed to have calmed down as he sat back down across from me.

"I need to find her then." I say quietly not knowing how I'm even going to begin to find her.