Chapter 3

Grace woke the next morning to find Liza gone. She padded out to the kitchen to start coffee and found a note from Rachel saying they had gone for a run. She opened the fridge to get out the strawberries they bought the night before. By the time Liza and Rachel got back she had strawberries cut and washed and was just putting their omelets on the table.

Rachel headed straight for the shower while Liza stopped short with a silent groan when she saw Shannon and Stacy sitting at the table. Noticing they were caught up in conversation with each other Liza pulled Grace into the hallway. Liza stopped and turned around causing Grace to bump into her. When she did Liza wrapped her arms around her and leaned in to kiss her tenderly.

"I'm going to miss you." Liza whispered softly.

"I can come with you."

"I need to do this. Come home next weekend. I might have to work but we'll still have time together."

Grace leaned in for another kiss then told her "Go eat before it gets any colder."

"Do I have to, they're in there." She whispered, referring to Shannon and Stacy.

"I'll be right behind, I'm just going to get us some juice."

Liza nodded and reluctantly made her way to the table. Conversation stopped and both girls turned to look at Liza when she sat down. Grace gave them each a glare when she joined them and they went back to eating. Rachel took a seat when she returned to the room. She looked over the two to her left and gave a questioning look to Grace. Grace just rolled her eyes and Rachel smiled, not needing any more explanation then that. Talk started about this week's schedule and other things that were going on around campus. Liza finished her breakfast and silently excused herself to take her plate to the kitchen. The table got quiet again as Liza passed back by on her way to the shower.

"I can't believe you two!" Grace said.

"What did we do?" Shannon asked.

"You stare at her like she's a new toy that you can't have. It makes her uncomfortable and honestly it's starting to make me as well." Grace scolded. "Tell me something, is it Liza in general you're curious about or is it her being a lesbian?" She waited for an answer, when neither girl responded, she continued, "If it's Liza in general, then just ask her. But if it's because she's a lesbian then go satisfy your curiosity with each other." She then got up, taking her dishes with her to the kitchen.

Both girls looked to Rachel when they heard her trying not to laugh. She just looked at them, shrugged her shoulders and said, "When the shoe fits!" and continued to eat her breakfast.

All three finished their breakfast and moved to take their dishes to the kitchen. Shannon and Stacy kept their heads down when they found Grace leaning against the far wall with her arms across her chest. They put their dishes in the sink and immediately disappeared from the room.

"I'm speechless." Rachel said. "I can't believe you did that."

"Me either."

"Did what?" Liza asked as she came into the kitchen.

Rachel recapped what happened for Liza and she couldn't help but smile. "I don't understand how I missed that with them."

Grace laughed and said "I guess I need to tune my gaydar. I didn't pick up on it either, Liza pointed it out."

"Really?"

"I'm a lesbian from a very small farm town where the gay per capita is slim to none. Plus I've spent the better part of the past six years living on various posts where there are always curious housewives not to mention the base bunnies. Not many of them are gay but there are a few."