Chapter 21

Liza shut the alarm off at half past five when it sounded. She quietly dressed for a work out and slipped out of the room. Once she was outside she stretched and made her way to her homemade gym in the barn. Thirty minutes later she found Grace in the kitchen, spreading cream cheese on a bagel.

"Good morning." Grace said, handing Liza the bagel and a glass of juice.

Taking each, Liza leaned in for a kiss, "Why are you up so early?"

"I'm going into the clinic with Jess to help her with the appointments she rescheduled from Thursday." Grace answered before kissing the brunette again.

Liza nodded, "I'm going to go take a shower. Thanks for breakfast." She took a bite as she left the kitchen.

When she returned to the kitchen a short while later, Jess was cutting up watermelon and talking with Grace about a house call they needed to make later in the day.

"You look rested." Jess said when Liza reached past her to steal a few pieces of watermelon.

"It must have been whatever was in that wonderful bubble bath that was waiting for me." Liza smiled, leaning down to kiss Grace's neck.

"Lavender oil." Grace admitted. "I also made a sachet of dried lavender for your pillow. The half a glass of wine probably helped too."

"That was nice too." Liza hummed. Sitting down in the chair to Grace's left, she reached for the redhead's hand. "Your truck should be done late this afternoon. The body shop said they'd get it done quick in case you want to head back tomorrow night." Reaching up to caress Grace's face gently, she added "You could take off another day or two if you want."

Grace leaned into Liza's touch, "I should go back so that I don't get behind this close to the end."

Jess joined them at the table, "Do you know anymore about your orders?"

"No." Liza shook her head. "I won't know any more until I report in on the fourteenth with Joe. I haven't heard from any of the other guys so that means they only called Joe and I. So it shouldn't be anything too serious. They would have put the whole squad on notice if we were being deployed."

"What did Baxter have to say?" Grace asked.

"Meeting with him this afternoon. I got a call yesterday from the feds in Lincoln so we're getting together to discuss that as well."

"Dennis?" Grace questioned.

"Probably since he is back in town. I better go." Liza stood and kissed Grace before turning for the door, "Love you both."

She put her vest on when she reached her tuck. Calling into dispatch as she climbed into the truck, "Unit 2, 10-37."

The morning was fairly routine for Liza. At one she got a text from Grace.

"Lunch?"

"Sure. Where?"

"The park, in twenty."

"Love you, c u then."

"Love u 2."

When Liza walked across the street to the park she found the whole family along with David and John.

"Hi." She said, wrapping Grace in a hug.

Grace smiled, "Hi. We thought we'd move part of our saturday night up so we can spend it with you."

Cali handed Liza a bottle of water, "We'll still have a fire tonight."