Chapter 35

They woke the next morning to someone knocking on the door.

"Did we lock that last night?" Liza asked quietly.

"Yes we did." Grace answered as she snuggled into Liza's right side.

Liza kissed the top of her head, "Good. Maybe they'll take the hint."

"Doubt it." Grace said at the sound of another knock.

"Wow! This place is unbelievable!" Meg said as she came in through the open glass doors.

"Hey honey!" Grace said sitting up a little, holding the sheet over her breasts.

Meg walked around to the head of the bed and kissed each woman on the cheek before she went to unlock the door to let the other women in.

"No wonder you two don't want to leave this place." Cali said coming in and closing the door behind Jess and Rachel.

"Are we interrupting something?" Jess asked with a smile as she climbed up on the bed.

"Yes as a matter of fact." Liza responded.

"Here, put these on." Cali said, tossing the pair each a shirt to put on.

Both pulled on the t-shirts and moved to sit up in the middle of the bed tucking the blankets around their waists.

"I want this bed!" Cali said as she stretched out across the foot of it.

When all four women were situated around them Liza looked at Jess and asked, "Okay, what's up with the pow wow?"

"Actually, I called the pow wow." Grace offered with a smile. "I just didn't plan on it being so early."

Liza smiled back and leaned over to kiss Grace's cheek.

"Last night after you proposed I overheard Loni and Cali talking about the rings. I'm guessing that was supposed to be a surprise for later?"

Liza looked over at Cali and laughed when she just shrugged and mumbled an 'oops.' Turning back to Grace, "Yes it was, but it's okay."

Grace pushed Liza's hair out of her face, "In that case I have a proposal for you." She reached a hand out to Cali who then handed her the ring box. "Since you proposed in front of everyone last night and wedding plans are already in the making by these gorgeous creatures sitting with us. I wanted to do this with them here." She opened the ring box and took out the band to Liza's set of rings. "I realize that the engagement ring would be harder for you while deployed so I wanted you to take the other half of mine but it won't fit your beautiful fingers."

Both women shared a smile at Grace's reference to Liza's fingers.

"What?" Meg asked.

Liza laughed, "Inside joke."

Grace blushed then cleared her throat, "Anyway, I want you to take your wedding band now and then we'll trade it out later when you get home." She slowly slipped it on Liza's finger.

"I would love to." Liza replied and leaned over for a tender, soft kiss. "What kind of plans have they already cooked up for us?"

"They told me of your stipulation about the greenhouse and I love it but apparently they've been online looking at dresses already." Grace replied.

"What?" Liza looked around with a horrified look on her face, "I'm not wearing a wedding dress so you girls get it out of your heads right now."

"What about a woman's tux?" Rachel asked.

"I've got a couple of ideas and they will depend on what Grace wants for a dress."

When everyone turned to look at Grace she laughed, "I have no idea yet."