Chapter 31

Grace and Loni were sitting on the tailgate of Liza's truck when Liza marched the squad to the gate and dismissed them. She walked straight to Grace as she slid off the tailgate. A gentle meeting of lips, they stood there a moment just breathing each other in.

"I missed you." Liza whispered, resting her forehead to Grace's.

Cupping Liza's face in her hands she replied, "I missed you too."

"Take your ruck off Sarge." Joe said.

"In a minute." Liza answered.

"Liza, come on. Everybody has left, take your ruck off." Joe insisted, stepping behind her he hooked his hands under her shoulder straps to lift the pack off her shoulders. "Damn stubborn woman."

"Watch it Davis." Liza growled.

"I'm not on the clock right now so deal with it." Joe said, meeting Grace's eyes. "You want to punish me for it later fine, but I'm not going to stand here and watch you suffer just because you're too stubborn to acknowledge that you're human and in pain."

"How bad are you hurting?" Grace asked, successfully cutting off any reply Liza would have had for Joe.

"Not bad. I'm more tired than anything really." Liza answered.

"She took some ibuprofen around two this morning." Joe volunteered, earning a glare from Liza.

"I'm not your subordinate right now, I'm your friend, so deal with it."

When Liza turned toward Joe looking like she was going to hit him Grace stepped between them, "Rachel made a small Easter dinner for us. Let's go back to the apartment."

Liza nodded before looking at Loni, "Where's my girl?"

"Asleep in the back seat." Loni answered, "Please don't wake her up."

Liza opened the door to the back seat to lean in and softly kiss Laila's forehead. "I love you." She whispered before she stood and gently pushed the door shut.

After hugging Loni she got in the truck to let Grace drive them home.

"Pull over in the park please." Liza said once they left the post.

Loni pulled in behind them and watched as Liza got out and headed their way. Joe got out and met her part way to gently hug her.

"I'm sorry." Liza said.

"I didn't take it personally." Joe replied and Liza smiled.

Liza returned to the truck so that they could go home.

Grace grabbed Liza's duffel from the back seat as Liza got out. When Liza didn't try to take it from her she had an idea of just how much pain the brunette was really in.

"Where's your pain meds?" Grace asked once they made it into Grace's room.

"I'm fine babe. I don't need them." Liza answered as she sat down on the bed. "I want the rest of today without drugs or anything from the world outside this apartment interfering. Just you and me."

Grace stepped in front of Liza, lifting the brunette's chin up, "No pain?" She asked.

"I'm fine." Liza replied again.

Grace leaned down and gently bit Liza's bottom lip before drawing it into her mouth. Releasing it she whispered, "Then make love to me right now."

Liza groaned, "The meds are in my duffel." When Grace moved to get them Liza grabbed her wrist. "I don't want to be knocked out. I want to feel you in my arms."