Chapter 33

Liza's computer beeped around one Friday morning for an incoming video call.

"Hey Babe! Is everything okay?" Liza asked when Grace's face filled the computer screen.

"Everything is fine. I just couldn't sleep."

"What's the matter Love?" Liza asked rolling over onto her side to face the computer better.

"Nothing. Everything." Grace sighed then smiled, "I guess I just needed to see your face." She saw movement behind Liza, "Who's with you?"

Liza laughed as she reached for the bedside lamp. "You caught me Babe." She angled the computer so that Grace could see Meg.

"Bad dreams still?" Grace asked.

"Yes but when she does sleep she sleeps like the dead." Liza laughed. She set the laptop back down and got comfortable again.

"I wish I was there or you were here." Grace sighed.

Liza reached out and touched the screen, wishing she could touch Grace. "Me too. I'm leaving right after work tonight."

"As long as it's not too late. I don't like it when you drive all this way late at night and tired." Grace said.

"I know. I shouldn't be too late. I want to spend as much time with you as I can. Monday is coming way too fast."

"We'll have all weekend together."

"I need to do some shopping sometime this weekend. Jess loaned me her tablet to video chat with you this week at work and it was so much easier than taking my laptop back and forth to work. So I want to get one to take with me." Liza mentioned.

"We can do that sunday. I've got us all set up for saturday and if I have my way we're not going anywhere until the party."

Liza smiled, "Yeah? What do you have in mind?"

"We never did use that flavored oil." Grace teased.

"No, we didn't and I seem to recall something about whipped topping." Liza laughed.

"Save it for the hotel please." Meg said. She sat up and leaned over Liza to look at the computer screen. "I love you both dearly but please don't have video sex with me right here."

Liza and Grace laughed.

"I'm going to try to go to sleep now." Grace said.

"Okay. I love you." Liza said.

"Love you both." Grace replied.

"Love you too and goodnight." Meg said before laying back down.

Liza disconnected the call and closed the laptop. She turned the lamp off and laid down on her side, facing Meg.

"Goodnight Baby Girl." She said softly.

"Night." Meg whispered in reply.

Moments later as Liza was falling back to sleep she heard her door open. Sitting up, she turned toward it.

"Just me." Jess whispered. "Meg in here?"

"Yes." Liza answered, "Come in."

Jess made her way around the bed and laid down on the other side of Meg.

When Liza's alarm went off at five she had to crawl over Cali to get out of bed to turn it off.

"What time is it?" Cali asked.

"Five. Go back to sleep." Liza answered.

Cali rolled over and mumbled, "Have a good run."