Chapter 7

Friday afternoon had finally come. It had been a long two and half days. A few short phone calls and a lot of voice and text messages had not been enough. Liza had just finished up some paperwork that couldn't wait when she got a text saying that Grace and Rachel made it to the house an hour ago. She left her office, stopped in the break room to retrieve the flowers she bought at lunch and was walking out the door when someone called out to her.

Liza turned around to see Susan, the second shift dispatcher calling for her. "Chief."

"Yes, what have you got?"

"Another complaint call from your father."

Frustrated, Liza ran a hand through her hair, "He just wants to pick a fight with me. If he calls again then send somebody out otherwise I'll deal with him tomorrow. I'm already late."

"Will do. Have fun."

"Thanks." Liza replied as she slipped her vest on and grabbed her bag to leave.

Once outside, she texted Grace to let her know she was on her way. She took her vest off and threw it and her bag in the backseat. Her phone rang as she was getting behind the wheel. She put the flowers in the seat next to her as she reached for her phone silently vowing to arrest the next person that delayed her getting home.

She looked at the screen and smiled as she answered, "Hang on just a second." Liza started the truck and turned the Bluetooth on. "Okay, I swear I'm on my way."

"I hope so, I miss you."

"Things just kept piling up so I finally just left. I'll be there in two minutes."

"All I can think about is ..." and the call dropped.

"Grace? Are you there?" Liza picked up the phone, "No service, damn phone." 

Liza barely got the truck in park before she was out of it and Grace was right there. They wrapped their arms around each other like it had been weeks instead of days. All the while hungrily claiming each other's lips.

Grace pushed Liza between the trucks to give them a little privacy. "I've missed you, I've missed your lips, your hands on me." Grace panted as Liza backed her against the truck. Liza nudged Grace's legs apart with her knee then reached down to grab Grace's thigh to wrap around hers.

"Gun."

"Huh? Oh, sorry love." Liza released the buckles to her thigh holster and pulled her gun off. She opened the door to put it on the seat of the truck and saw the flowers. Grabbing them she turned to give them to Grace.

"You bought me flowers?"

"Well I thought that it was part of the whole date thing you know?" She answered as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Thank you!" Grace said as she softly kissed Liza. She trailed kisses along Liza's jaw then nipped her earlobe. Liza groaned as she pulled Grace's shirt from her waist band and moved her hands to bare skin. Stepping between Grace's legs again Liza reached for Grace's thigh again. Grace automatically wrapped her leg around Liza's thigh as Liza backed her into the open door frame of the truck. She instinctively started to grind against Liza as their mouths reconnected.

Liza broke away, "Who's home?"

"Rachel and Meg are in the kitchen." Grace panted.

"We'll never make it past them to the bedroom." Liza turned to her truck and got a blanket out of the backseat. Grabbing Grace's hand she pulled her past the corral and into the barn. She stopped at the bottom of the ladder to the hayloft and smiled at Grace, "After you."