Chapter 6

Liza woke before the alarm went off. After resetting it she laid back down to snuggle Grace.

"Not getting up to run?" Grace asked sleepily when she felt Liza lay back down behind her.

"No." Liza answered as she nuzzled Grace's neck, "I have a better idea."

Grace hummed in appreciation as Liza's hand slid over her hip, "I think I like this idea!"

Liza leaned up on her elbow and moved into Grace as close as she could. Liza ran her hand up Grace's thigh and over her hip. Smiling when she heard the change in Grace's breathing. She continued up her stomach to her breasts. Grace whimpered when Liza rubbed her nipple between her fingers.

"I love touching you like this. You're so responsive." She moved to her other breast and teased her nipple until it was hard. "I'm becoming addicted to the noises that you make when I touch you." They made love and held each other close until the alarm went off again.

"I do not want to get out of this bed." Liza whined as she laid between Grace's legs, resting her head on Grace's stomach.

Grace ran her hand through Liza's hair, "Are you free for lunch?"

"I won't know until lunch gets here unfortunately." She answered as she lifted her head to meet Grace's eyes. "When do you have to leave out?"

"Rachel said she'd like to get out of here no later than four."

Pulling herself up on her elbows, she kissed Grace's stomach once, "I'll see if I can get home around three, have a little bit of time together before you go." Liza softly kissed her before adding, "I need to grab a shower."

Grace was still in bed when Liza came back into the room wrapped in a towel. Liza gathered her clothes and sat down on the side of the bed to dress. Grace scooted over to trail her fingers up Liza's bareback.

"Behave." Liza growled. She finished dressing in spite of Grace's attempts to distract her. "You don't play fair." She said as she looked at Grace over her shoulder.

"Where's the fun in that?" Grace asked as she sat up, letting the sheet fall.

Liza turned slightly towards Grace, leaned over and claimed Grace's lips, kissing her passionately. She left her lips to trail kisses down. Grace whimpered when Liza drew her nipple into her mouth. When Liza moved to the other nipple Grace fisted her hand into Liza's hair to hold her there a moment longer. Liza trailed back up to Grace's mouth to kiss her again. "I'll see you this afternoon." Liza said as she stood and walked out the door.

Sheriff Baxter was waiting for Liza when she walked in. "Are you settling in okay Dawes?"

Liza nodded and asked, "Can we speak privately Sheriff?" They moved into Liza's office. The Sheriff sat in one of the guest chairs as Liza sat in the other.

"I have to be upfront with you, this situation with Dennis Lynch is hitting a little too close to home for me. Don't get me wrong, I'll do my job."

"Right now Dawes you need to just watch him. He's had the attention of other agencies for some time now. When the time comes for those other agencies to step in then we will give them our full cooperation. I'm not going to stand in the way of you protecting your family as long as it's done within the guidelines of the law."

Liza nodded her head. She knew he understood the position she was in. After all he's the one that put her there. They spent the rest of the morning going over anything else that would need Liza's attention over the next week.