Chapter 12

Just after dawn they made love again, just as tenderly as they had last night. They were cuddled together with Liza wrapped around Grace from behind. Liza tightened her arms as she nuzzled in at the back of Grace's neck.

"You know Joe is my best friend right?" Liza asked, kissing Grace's shoulder.

"Yes."

"I sort of have a history with his wife."

Grace shifted so she could look at Liza, "What do you mean?"

Liza leaned up on her elbow, "The night we met her we both tried to pick her up. Actually, I guess I was the one that tried to pick her up, she was interested in Joe. I was drunk and I asked her to dance. As it turned out she agreed to dance so she could ask me about Joe. We did kiss though."

"So there was really nothing between you?"

"Just friendly affection, she is a very affectionate person when she likes someone. She's a very good friend and that is all. We do flirt with each other though." Liza shrugged then added, "Just because it gets under Joe's skin, it doesn't mean anything." After a moment Liza said, "We can cancel if you want."

Grace ran her fingers through Liza's hair, brushed it behind the brunette's ear. "I'd like to meet them."

They spent the morning being lazy in bed, talking and feeding each other.

Liza wondered later if she'd done the right thing in telling Grace. She didn't want any secrets but Grace's mood stayed somewhat melancholy the rest of the morning. When they parked at Joe and Loni's Liza asked, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Grace nodded, "They're important to you so I want to meet them."

"Grace, you're more important to me, so if you're uncomfortable....."

"Liza," Grace cut her off, "I'm fine."

Liza pulled her in for a kiss, looked her in the eyes, she didn't believe Grace but let it go as they got out of the truck then walked hand in hand to the apartment.

Loni was on the phone when she answered the door. She stepped back and motioned them inside. Liza made sure she kept a hold on Grace's hand.

"Joe's on his way. Glad you could make it." Loni said as she kissed Liza's cheek.

"Loni, this...."

"Oh, I need no introduction for this beautiful creature." She turned to Grace, "You're Grace. Liza really should update the picture she carries of you. It doesn't do you justice." Loni pulled Grace into a hug.

"Where is she?" Liza asked excitedly.

"No Liza! I just put her down, she's sleeping."

Grace looked at Liza in confusion.

Liza gave her a quick kiss, "I'll be right back. I want you to meet my girl." With a mischievous grin on her face she disappeared down the hallway.

"Liza Dawes get back here." Loni demanded before turning to Grace with a smile, "Come in and have a seat."

When Liza returned a moment later with a toddler in her arms Loni said, "Liza, I need her to nap."

"Later, I haven't seen her in a while." Liza kissed the little girl's cheek as she sat between Grace and Loni on the couch. "Grace, this is Laila, my god-daughter."

"You're god-daughter?" Grace asked in surprise.

Liza laughed as Laila leaned in to hug her neck. "Watch this." She told Grace as she pulled the child down from her shoulder. "Kiss," and Laila leaned in to kiss Liza.