Chapter 3

2 months later.....

Ava's POV

"What would you like sir?" I asked my current customer.

"I would like a medium black coffee with no sugar. Takeaway please. " he said.

"Coming right up." I said with a smile.

I went inside to give the order and many orders of the day. The cafe is really busy today. After about 50 more orders it was finally time for lunch break . My co-worker Justin came over to take my counter and greeted me .

"Hey Justin. How are you?"

"Waiting for the day, when you will let me take you out on a date." He said.

I playfully hit his arm. He keeps hitting on me everytime and I keep refusing him.

"Keep dreaming. " I said with a wink.

"Anyway I have left some sandwiches in your bag. Don't you dare skip your lunch again." Damn I forgot to bring lunch again.

"Justin. You don't have to do this for me."

"I have to and I will and you can't stop me. Go now shoo."

I shook my head and go for lunch. I removed my apron took my bag and went outside to have my lunch. I feel so exhausted already, but I need to so this for the money. I finished my lunch and went back to my counter. Justin saw and smiled at me.

"Thank you for the lunch."

"No problem sweetie. Now take this counter I have some work to do in the kitchen. "

I resumed my work and a man came towards my counter. He looked quite handsome wearing a suit and had a smile on his face.

I smiled and asked him,"What would you like to have sir?"

"Actually I am here for the first time what would you suggest me to have?" He said.

"We have espresso, latte, black coffees and different flavored teas as well."

"Well then what would you like me to have sweetheart?"

Sweetheart? Is he flirting with me? This is getting really uncomfortable .

"Hazelnut Latte?" I asked.

"Hazelnut Latte it is then" he said.

I served his drink and he drank it.

"Thank you so much. You just made my day."
He said. Huh?

"Um no problem sir. It's my job." I said as quickly took more orders.

I was attending other customers but I could still feel his scrutinizing gaze over me. After he was done he left with leaving a big tip.

Strange? I shrugged my shoulders. Nevermind. My shift ended. I said goodbye to Justin and went home.

As I reached home I was greeted by Rachael with Alex in her arms.

"Hello dear." She said.

"Hi Rachael ." I said greeting her.

Rachael was my 52 years old neighbour and took care of Alex while I am working. She lived alone so didn't mind looking after him. I was so glad to have her in my life.

Then I took my baby from her arms and kissed him on his cheeks. Alex couldn't stop giggling. He wrapped his tiny chubby arms around my neck hugging me tight.

"Now look at the boy so happy to see his mama."

Mama?

"Yeah, and I am happy to see my baby too. Hey buddy you didn't trouble Rachael today, did you?" I cooed to him.