Chapter 20

Amadeo's POV

"I got it Monica thanks for your help. Please let me know if you need anything."

"Sure Mr. Rossi. My daughter is still inside. Her husband is with her. She will be fine. By the way enjoy your date with Ava. That girl surely deserves a good time."

"It's not a date Monica. It's just dinner as an aplogy for my earlier behaviour. "

"Whatever helps you sleep at night mio figlio."(my son). I rolled my eyes. It's not a date!

"Let me know when the baby is born."

"Ofcourse."

I had already given my staff the rest of the day off. I wanted to cook by myself and didn't want their constant offers for helping me. I decided to go with seafood carbonara and freah green salad also with some cheesy garlic bread. Simple yet comfort food.

I went to my room after everything was done. I stripped of my clothes and showered. My thoughts wandered off to the promise I made to Ava. I may not be able to keep it fully. I can't be completely honest with her. Being mafia is an inhibition when it comes to trust people. Mafia doesn't allow us to trust anyone completely. Some matters are needed to be kept secret from Ava even though I would make her take an oath of silence. I'm already breaking rules of the mafia by involving her and furthering would cause the danger of my business as well as the lives of Ava and Alex. She doesn't know who her brother has become after he left his life with them. I'm trying to make this less painful for her then it already is.

She is innocent although I do doubt that she's hiding something. But I know that guilt will weigh her down just the way it does to me.

I finished the shower and changed into something casual. She isn't here yet which gives me time to set the table. I placed the high chair for Alex and placed the plates on the table. I was setting the glasses when I heard soft footsteps. I smiled. It must be her.

"Hi." said the enthusiastic baby.

I turned around to see her. She is absolutely beautiful. Her presence made me happy. That black dress showed her long sun kissed legs. She is really petite compared to me. But

"Bellisimo." (beautiful)

"Pardon?" She said.

I didn't realise that I said that aloud.

"Uh..Hi." I said smiling.

"Hi". She said shyly.

I couldn't take my eyes off this mesmerising young lady.

"Are we having dinner over here?" She asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh yeah. C'mon let's sit down." I said. I took Alex from her and made him sit on his chair. Then I pulled the chair for her to sit and sat opposite to her.

I can just stare at her the whole. How did I get so lucky. She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"You're looking gorgeous. " I said . She blushed at my compliment.

"Thank you. You are looking great too." She blurted out.

He raised an eyebrow. Wow she gave me compliment. "Thanks. And Alex is looking so cute. We match buddy. " I said as I pinched Alex's cheek. He giggled in response.

"You hungry?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Are you? We can totally eat later if you're not." She said nervously.

I smiled. "Relax. I'm hungry too. I'll bring the food."

"Oh wait I'll help you."

"No no you sit down. I won't let you work when I invited you for dinner." There's no way in hell I'll let her work on our date. Ahem sorry dinner.