Chapter 33

Ava's POV

"Hey can you help me with the flowers?" asked Adele.

"Yeah, sure. Where do you want them?" 

"Just on the swing. Yeah just like that drape it around."

"Do you want me to decorate the swing?" I asked.

"Would you really? Thank you so much"

"Of course I would love to. Do you have any preference?"

"Oh no. Decorate however you want. Just make it beautiful. Oh, Daniel you idiot! That doesn't go over there." She went away to scold Daniel.

It was time for Samantha's baby shower. Everyone was over at the Rossi house. I thought about helping them out instead of just sitting around. They had so much staff doing work, decorating, catering. The whole family was excited for the arrival of their little granddaughter. It reminded me of the time when Alex was about to be born. We didn't have a baby shower but we had given Catharine a prenatal massage appointment and surprised her with all her favorite treats and cravings. I missed her, my parents even my brother. The Rossi family always made me feel at home but there was a sense of void inside me. I had no one except for Alex.

I finished decorating the swing. Alex was going to wake up soon.

"Mama."

I turned around to see Mrs. Rossi holding Alex.

"he woke up so I thought of bringing him to you."

"Thank you, Maria."

"No problem sweetie. Did you eat anything yet?"

"No Maria. I'm not hungry."

"What nonsense. It is almost lunch time."

"I'll get you something. And a little snack for you too sweet boy."

"Nak!" said Alex. Apparently, that's his way of saying a 'snack'.

"Did you have good nap baby?"

He nodded his head yes. He started playing with the strands of my hair ending up tugging on them too hard.

"Alex baby no. It hurts mama. Let's get you your teddy. There you go you play with that."

He finally let go of his death grip on my hair. I put him down and put my her into a bun. I still twisting my hair when my eyes landed on Amadeo on the other side of the room eyeing me with a serious expression. What is wrong with him now? Did something happen? Is it about Nate? Or is it about Alex. My breath hitched. He is walking towards us now.

A few hours before.......

Amadeo's POV

"I expect you did your work efficiently this time."

He gulped and scratched his head. "Yes, boss and um I found somethings its new information. I'm very sorry I wasn't able to gather them before."

"Stop babbling nonsense and say what you found."

"Y-Yes sir. Right away sir."

"So, um there is no further information on Rocco aka Nathaniel. Both Ava's parents worked normal jobs before their unfortunate death. But there is a new person I discovered." he brings out a picture from a file. It was quiet an old picture of Ava and a blonde girl next to her. Both were smiling at the camera and posing with a candy floss in hand.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"Catherine Hollein. Ava and her were best friends in high school. She was older than Ava by almost two years but studied in the same class as Catherine missed a few years of academics because of diagnosed depression. She was an orphan and had been in the custody of alcoholic and abusive foster parent. She stayed in an orphanage nearby and lets just say she had a rough childhood. Exactly eight months ago Catherine died in child birth."