Chapter 22

Okay one little curiosity. Does anyone ever read the long A/N s I write. Btw Josh Duhamel as Nathaniel Frank Wilson. ☝️

Ava's POV

The man in the picture is now familiar. My brother. What has happened to him? He doesn't look like the brother I grew up with. The guy that was my best friend, my idol. The guy who had promised to take care of me all my life.

He has changed. He looked rough with his new beard. He now has new tattoos and piercings. Things that I never thought he would do. He looks more scary and dangerous now. Reminds of the look that I saw in his eyes the day he left us.

I looked at Amadeo. "What do you want to know?"

"I want to know why did Nathaniel leave your house that day." He said.

"I don't know the reason. He...he just left."

"What happened the day he left?"

Flashback

I came back home after finishing my classes. I am hungry and exhausted. All I want was some of awesome home cooked meal and to curl up in my bed with my favourite book. I kept my bag on the couch and poured myself a glass of water. I heard yelling from the rooms.

"I have had enough of your nonsence dad . I can't be successful if I keep following your orthodox ways. I am an adult. I can make my own decisions and I'm not going to reject all those money because of your stupid principles. "

I gasped at his words. What is wrong with Nate? He never disrespected our father. He was acting strange for a couple of days. He was always there to take me to my classes. It's been two weeks that he stopped doing that. I asked him one day and he said that I should learn to come and go by myself now that I'm grownup. It hurt a little but I somehow managed to ignore that.

"Nathaniel what is so appealing for you out there that you are willing to forget all the good values I taught you?"

"Hell with your values. What have you given me all these except for your stupid morals and shit load of restrictions? I wish you weren't my father."

I was now standing at the door and my father went past me with hurt in his eyes.

"Nate how dare you speak to your father like that? You didn't even think about his feelings!"my mom said crying.

"I just did and I don't give a damn what he thinks. I'm leaving this house so don't worry you and your husband can live happily ever after. "

"No." I said. I went near to him . "No no Nate. You don't mean that."

"Honey..."

"No mom I know he doesn't mean it." I was crying now.

"Nate tell me this is all a joke please. You won't leave I know. Why would you abandon your family like that?"

"I'm not joking Ava. I mean it. I'm leaving. Get out of my way" he yelled. I flinched at his tone.

I lunged towards him hugging him tight.

"Yell at me all you want Nate. You promised to protect me all my life. Don't leave us. Please please please." I kept begging him and tightened my hands around him. He tried to pry my hands off him.

"Ava leave me"

"No"

He dug his fingers in my arms. I winced in pain but still didn't let go.

"Avi let go of your brother. "

I looked up at him and said with tearful eyes,"No mom. I know he loves me. He won't leave me. Please please Nate. Stop packing your bags." He averted his eyes away as if he couldn't look at me anymore. He shut his eyes tightly.

"Let go Ava."

"No"

"Let go." He screamed as he threw me across the room. I hit my head with the dresser and landed on the floor with a thump. I heard my mother scream. My mind stopped functioning. My vision got hazy. I felt wetness trickle down my forehead. I suddenly felt two arms hugging me tight. I heard my name being called. I couldn't respond. I was still trying to process that my brother had done this to me. I heard my father kicking Nate out of the house and then I let the darkness take over me.

I finished telling him. Anger was clearly evident in his eyes. He was taking deep breathes trying to process everything. Tears prick at my eyes threatening to spill.

I cleared my throat and asked, "What do you have to do with him?"

He crossed his arms on his front and said, "It was the time when I was away on Cosa Nostra to perform my duties. While I was away a new guy was recruited. I wasn't here to examine the guy so he was appointed by a man I trusted. It seemed that my rival had sent the guy to infiltrate my bussiness and has done quiet a lot to destroy my bussiness. From tracking transactions to stealing money and also got many of my people killed. Marco and Mario found out about this and informed. By the time I confront them they disappeared."

He now placed his hands on the table. Clenching and unclenching his fists.

"So this new guy was Nathaniel."

"Yes."

"What sort of bussiness is that you do?"

He rubbed his nape clearly hesitating.

"I deal arms and amo which is um"

"Illegal."

"Yes. How do you know?"

"Well wouldn't much legal when clearly abducted and brought me to Italy."

He smiled for a bit. Then again he looked at me with worry.

"I know Nate has done wrong but I don't understand how he ended up here in Italy." I said.

"I'm assuming that they spotted your brother way back at your hometown and tried to corrupt him. When they managed they made him leave your house and join them. When he was fully trained they used him against me."

What has he done? Oh God. Why Nate? Why?

"Ava"

"He was done both of us wrong and I will punish him for what he did to me as well as what he did to you."

"Can we go back? I think we had enough chit chatting today. Besides I need to get back to Alex. Sam would be tired. I don't want to trouble them. He might get more cranky I need to feed him oh he needs a bath...."

"Ava" he said stopping my rambling. "We can go back now." I nodded.

The drive back was silent. I was trying to hold back thr tears. Trying to forget everything but that scene just keeps replaying in my head where all of a sudden my brother hurts me and gets the heck out of my life. He has hurt many other people too and ended up ruining Amadeo's business.

I rest my head on the window glass and automatically tears starts to pour out of my eyes. I quickly rub my eyes harshly but they still don't stop. I storm out of the door as soon as the car stops running inside.

"Hey Alex say it again. C'mon you can do it buddy." I heard Antonio say.

"Oh hey Ava." Said Sam.

"I need to give him a bath now." I said as I picked up Alex. He started kiss my hair snuggling close. "Hey your eyes look swollen. Are you okay? Have you been crying ?"

"I'm fine Sam."

"Hey Ava you won't believe what Alex did today . He..."

And that's when my world shook hearing Alex say

"Mamma"

A/N : Okay what just happened?

Let me know your thoughts on the chapter.

Don't forget to VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE if you like the chapter.

Lots of love 😘😘😘😘😘
AisheeSaha ❤❤❤❤❤