Chapter 42

A/N: Grab some tissues. 😘

Ava's POV

I woke up to a soft caress. It was as if I had been sleeping forever. A long dull lulling sleep. My body felt separated from my mind. Again, I focused on the caress over my head. It took a lot of strength to pry my eyes open.

"Mom?" I asked confused.

"My beautiful baby." she said her eyes glistening with tears.

"Mom." I said again my throat closing up. I scanned my surroundings. I was on a hospital bed in hospital attire and my dad sat on the other side of the bed.

"Dad?" I asked in shock.

"Hey honey." he said. They both placed kisses on my forehead.

"How? Am I...?"

"No, lovebug." said my mother.

"But how?" I asked.

"Don't stress too much sweetie. Just rest and listen to us." Said my father.

"I have so much to say to you. You have been such an amazing person Ava. You have struggled so much after our passing and we are so sorry. We are proud of you baby." he said kissing my forehead.

"Am I going to die?" I asked.

"No, my love. You just have to hold on a little longer. It is the end of your sufferings." She said.

"I have missed you guys so much. I don't want to leave you." I said crying.

"Now you have Alex and Amadeo who needs you and you have to get back to them. I know you are hurt but give him a chance. He loves you as much as you love him. You deserve all the happiness in the world." said my mother stroking my head.

"We are here happy here. Watching over you with Catherine. She is so grateful for you raising her son. You need to go back start your new life with the people you love."

"I would've put him through hell for what he did to you but as your mother said he loves you baby. And we are glad you have someone to cherish you like the treasure you are." My father said.

Suddenly the monitors in the room started beeping. My vision started blurring.

"Mom, Dad what is happening?" I asked. They both hugged me tightly and my mom said, "It's time for you to go back now. Remember my beautiful baby girl we both love you so much. We are watching over you and Alex from over here.

My eyes opened again in the same hospital room but this time my parents weren't there. A wave of disappointment hit me. I could still hear the monitors beeping.

"Doctor!" I heard somebody yell. I laid my eyes on him and it was Amadeo. I tried to raise my arm and he came running to my side.

"Tesoro. Are you okay? The doctor is on his way". He said. I managed to nod before my vision started to blur again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Careful now, one step at a time." said the nurse.

"It's okay. I got her." said Daniel holding me.

"Daniel." I said smiling at him. He linked my hand around his arm.

"Hey sunshine. How are you doing today? Oh, I missed your cute face." he said kissing my forehead. I giggled. "I missed you too."

"So, everyone is really excited to see you especially Mama." he said.