Chapter 35

Ava's POV

A week had passed by since the baby shower and my kidnapping. Alex and I were still living in Amadeo's house with Monica. The argument we had after the kidnapping was nasty. He had ignored me the whole week where he stayed out and came home only late at night when everyone were asleep. He's mad at me which is understandable but I didn't realize that his absence would affect me so much. I cared about him more than I want to admit. He always made me feel things that I had never felt before when he kissed me.I had never kissed anyone before him, and I don't even want to. It was my decision to hide about Alex's identity. I didn't want that innocent child to be involved in this mess. He shouldn't suffer for his father's actions. A tear trickled down my cheek as I remembered how Nate had threatened to hurt Alex.

"Oh Ava." Said Monica.

I wiped my tears quickly and said," I'm fine Monica."

"Oh you sweet girl. Mrs. Rossi has arrived along Samantha and Adele."

"That's sudden." I said. How would I face them now? I have been lying to them all this time living with them. What must they think of me?

"Where is Alex?" I asked.

"With them." She said. And urged me to come with her. I gulped the morsel of guilt stuck at my throat and followed her.

Alex waa on the ground where Adele was playing with him. A very pregnant Samantha adjusted herself on the couch. Mrs. Rossi was the first one to notice and she came towards me. She took a hold of my hand and said, "Come along sweetheart. " in her heavy accented voice.

Samantha and Adele both smiled at me. Why are they being so nice to me? After all the lies I told them.

"How are you doing, sweetie?" asked Mrs. Rossi.

And that was it. I broke down to tears in front of the ladies. Alex crawled over to me after seeing me cry as Mrs. Rossi rubbed my back. They hugged me and mumbled it's okay. I cried my heart out and confessed everything I felt. I apologised for lying to them and gratefully, they understood. Sam started crying along with me and elegantly blamed it on pregnancy hormones.

"Why are you sorry?" She asked sniffling.

"You're such a nice girl. You are such a good mother and heck I would be lucky if I be even half as good of a mother you are."She said.

"Don't say that. You will be a very good mom."

"We understand why you lied. A mother always protects her baby just like you did." Said Mrs. Rossi.

More tears flowed out of my eyes. "I just love him so much. I was scared for his life. I didn't want anything to happen to him." I said hugging Alex.

"We know, amore. We know. " she said.

"He refuses to speak with me." I said pouting.

"He will come around eventually. Don't worry." Said Adele hugging my side. We stayed there for a while hugging and comforting each other.

"Oh God I have to pee again." Said Samantha with a huff. She stood to get up from the couch when we heard a splash. Her yoga pants were now wet.

"Oh crap! Did I pee on my self?" She said falling to the couch.

"Oh no dear. It appears your water broke." Said Mrs. Rossi.