Chapter 34.

Magnus bed felt cold and empty when I woke up the next morning. The bright light coming from the window made it even harder to pull myself together and open my eyes, but after some internal screaming I finally succeeded with my mission. I felt slightly disappointed that Magnus wasn't the first thing I saw when my eyes finally had adjusted to the bright light in the bedroom, but the faint sound of music coming from the kitchen delivered the goods and put a smile on my lips. I stood up from the bed and left Magnus bedroom. The sound of music only grew louder as I came closer to the kitchen and when I finally walked through the door, my gaze found Magnus immediately. He stood by the stove, probably cooking breakfast for the two of us and as usual, he's looking better than ever. Without making any unnecessary noises, I quietly walked over to where he stood and put both of my arms around his torso. At first, his body felt stiff, but as he realised that it was only me who had woken up, his body relaxed under my touch.
- Good morning, Alexander
His voice was still raspy from the night and his raven black hair was a beautiful mess on his pretty head.
- Good morning, I answered and couldn't help myself but smile
Magnus slowly turned around so the two of us were facing each other and before I knew it, our lips were moving in sync in a passionate kiss.
- I can definitely get used to this, Magnus whispered lovingly as we broke the wonderful kiss for air
- Me too, I whispered back
After some time of just embracing each other and not wanting to break apart, I let go of Magnus and started to make the table for the two of us. Magnus himself had finally finished our breakfast and as we sat down beside each other around the dinner table, I couldn't help but smile bright at the beautiful man beside me that I finally can kiss whenever I want to. Everything that Magnus had cooked for us tasted more than amazing and honestly, I'm a little bit, or maybe a lot, jealous that he's way better in the kitchen than I ever will me in my whole damn life.
- Can I ask you something? Magnus said after a while of silence
- Of course
- I have soccer practice today and I really can't miss it. Do you want to come with me and watch or do you want to stay here? I get that school isn't really an option at the moment for you, but I don't want you to feel that you have to stay here alone
- I don't know, Mags. I would love to come and watch you practice, but Raphael will probably kill me, I answered and sighed quietly
- I won't ever let him hurt you again, Alexander. That's a promise that I attend to keep, Magnus said and looked at me with a stern face
- My hero, I laughed and couldn't help myself but roll my eyes
When we finally had finished the wonderful breakfast that my boyfriend (???) had cooked for the two of us, Magnus stepped into the shower. I really didn't like the idea of him leaving me all alone in his apartment that he share with his creepy stepfather, but I know for sure how important soccer is for him, especially his title as the captain of the soccer team. When Magnus came back from the bathroom, I walked around in his room, watching old pictures that hung on his walls. As my eyes came across one specific picture, I felt how my heart broke into a million of pieces. The picture was of Magnus when he was about six or seven years old and his mother. She was even more beautiful than I can remember and she looked so much like Magnus that it almost became terrifying. The two of them have the same raven hair and caramel coloured skin that really fits them.
- She was really beautiful, your mother, I breathed out and felt how the lump in my throat grew bigger
- She liked you, Magnus answered and walked over to where I stood
- Really? I asked
- I seriously still remember how she kept talking about you when we were kids. She always asked if you would come over after school and eat dinner with us while your parents worked late
- I hate myself for not remembering as much as you do, I sighed
- Don't worry about it, Alexander. Some things are better to forget anyways, Magnus said and I could hear on his voice that he was sad
I turned around so I was facing him and what I saw made me want to punch someone in the face. Magnus had tears streaming down his beautiful cheeks and he looked at me with so much pain in his crystal clear eyes that it made my legs shake like there was no tomorrow.
- Mags, please don't cry
I carefully dried away some tears from his cheeks with the tip of
my thumbs and thereafter, I put both of my arms around his body and pulled him in for a lovingly hug.
- I love you, I whispered in his ear and stroke my hand through his hair
- I love you too, he whispered back
We embraced each other for what felt like an eternity and when we finally let go, Magnus wasn't crying anymore which made me feel a lot better. He was dressed in his soccer clothes and his raven black hair was still a little bit wet from the shower he took earlier. In other words, Magnus looked so damn beautiful that it almost hurt my heart.
- Are you sure you're going to be okay here alone? Magnus asked worried and looked at me with a concerned facial expression
- As long as your stepfather doesn't return back and tries to kill me, yes, I answered and gave him a smile
- I wouldn't really worry about him if I were you. He can be away for many days and then show up drunk and naked in the middle of the night
- Sounds wonderful, I answered
- Before I leave, please promise me that you'll call if something happens. I'm not going to turn off my phone so don't hesitate to call me if you feel alone or scared for some reason, Magnus said with a serious voice
- I promise
- Perfect. I won't be away for too long and if you would get hungry, there's a lot of food in the fridge
Before Magnus left, he placed a light kiss on my lips that made me only want more, but unfortunately, he had to leave or he would be late. It felt strange to be alone in his apartment, but I knew that he was only one call away if something would happen. Besides, Izzy and Jace kept texting me all the time, asking me if I was okay and if I would return back home anytime soon. I know that I probably should go back home, but I can't. I'm not sure if I'll be able to face my father after what happened yesterday. If it wasn't for Magnus and Izzy, I probably wouldn't be here right now. I still can't believe that Magnus was ready to give up his life for me. When he climbed up the railing of the bridge and stood beside me, it was like the whole world stopped spinning. Never in my whole life have I even had the smallest thought that someone would be ready to jump from a bridge with me. Well, Magnus had always been special and I guess that's why I love him so much. Since I knew that Magnus would be away for more than an hour, I laid down on the comfortable couch in his living room and turned on the TV. I still felt tired from everything that happened yesterday and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

// TBC \\