Chapter 51.

My mother and Izzy stood already at the airport when we returned back from Indonesia, ready to pick us up. The plane ride wasn't as terrifying as it was the first time and I can gladly say that I'm a actually not afraid of flying anymore. I won't lie, it broke my heart to see Bella and Katie with tears streaming down their cheeks as they said goodbye to Magnus. They truly adore him and idols him more than I thought was possible.
- How was the trip? My mother asked as she pulled me in for a hug
- It was really good, I answered
My mother also hugged Magnus and thereafter, the four of us sat down in my mother's car that would bring us back home. Magnus and I sat beside each other in the backseat while Izzy and my mother sat in the front seat. It wasn't until we took a wrong turn that I realised that we weren't on our way to our house, we were going to Magnus's damn apartment instead.
- Magnus, why are we going to your apartment? I asked and looked at my boyfriend who sat beside me
- I need to take care of a few things at home, but don't worry. I'll come by your house tomorrow, Magnus said and flashed me a small smile
- Are you sure? I can always come with you if you want, I answered
- Alexander, you don't have to worry about me. Besides, I don't want you to walk around in my apartment and be terrified of my idiotic stepfather
- What if he hurts you? I asked and felt how I almost started crying
- If he hurts me, I'll call you
- Do you promise?
- Of course, Magnus answered
He pressed a quick kiss on my lips and as we reached his apartment, he took his bag and left the car. I knew that he definitely would call me if something would happen with his stepfather, but I still can't help feel horrible that he's going to stay under the same roof as his psychopathic stepfather for a whole damn night. When I no longer could see Magnus, I let out a loud sigh and sunk further down in the car seat. All I wanted was for it to be the next day so I can see the love of my life and know that he's unharmed and perfectly fine.
- Alec, he's going to be okay. Magnus is a fighter and he'll call you if his stepfather would miss behave,
my mother said with a calm voice
- I know, I answered
My mother drove off and when we finally returned back home, I could see how Jace stood on the porch with a enormous smile on his lips.
- I have missed you, Jace said as he pulled me in for a quick loving hug
- I have missed you too, I answered
Jace helped me in with my bag and when everything was on its place, I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. My body felt a little bit tensed so I decided that a hot shower would be the perfect solution. I took off my clothes and stepped into the shower and immediately felt how the hot water streamed down my body. I was surprised when nothing hurt as the water touched my body, but as I looked at my own skin, I could truly understand why. I hadn't cut myself in a while, which lead to the fact that I didn't have any open wound, only scares that never would disappear completely. Surprisingly, I didn't feel the need to harm myself anymore. Ever since Magnus and I got together, I have tried to be a better person and handle my feelings in another way. I want to make him very proud, but I also want to make myself proud. When I was done in the shower, I got dressed again and started walking back to my own bedroom. I didn't get very far through because as I passed Max's old bedroom, I couldn't help myself but open the door and walk in. Everything looked like it still did when he was alive. His bed was nicely made and on his desk laid homework that he was supposed to do. I walked over to his bed and laid down on the soft material. I remember how I used to come here and read stories for Max before he fell asleep. It hurts so damn much to know that he's not here anymore and that I'm never going to be able to hug him again.
- What are you doing in here? Izzy asked and she suddenly walked in
- I miss him so much, Izzy. He was way too young to die, I answered
Izzy let out a sigh and walked over to where I still laid on Max's small bed. She laid down and I pulled her closer to me so the two of us would be able to fit beside each other.
- I miss him too, Izzy whispered
- How has mother acted when I was away in Indonesia? I asked
- She refuses to talk to me about it, but I know that she still cries herself to sleep every night, Izzy answered
- Who can blame her? She lost her baby boy, I said and felt how tears made their way down my cheeks
- We all did
Izzy and I laid beside each other for a while until we could hear his mother called from downstairs that it was time for dinner. We walked down the stairs and continued into the kitchen where she and Jace already waited. My father hasn't been home for a while, but since Max died, he has occupied himself with work like never before. I guess that it's his way to deal with the loss of his child. I just wish that he could remember that he has three other kids that still are alive and needs him now more than ever.

// TBC \\