Chapter 52.

The dinner went great and the four of us actually had a really good time. It's been a long time since all of us came together like a real family after everything that happened with Max and it felt very nice to laugh around again with the ones I love so much. After the dinner, we all sat down in the living room and watched a movie together, which we haven't done in what feels like an eternity. All of us have been busy with our own lives that we barely have had any time for each other and in times like that I realise how much my family actually means to me. I know that neither my siblings or my parents has really been there at all for me as I grew up, but after I opened up to them about my feelings, everything became a lot better and they promised that they never would leave me alone again. Later when the movie ended, we decided to watch another one since no one of us felt like going to bed.
- Do we really have to watch this stupid movie? Izzy asked and sighed when Jace pressed play on one of the Hangover movies that he loves
- It's a classic, Jace answered
The movie started playing on the TV and I cuddled up with Izzy on one of the couches. Jace was leaning on our mother on the other couch even though he was a bit taller than her, but she didn't seem to mind at all.
- I still can't believe they actually lost their friend in Las Vegas only days before his wedding, Izzy said and rolled her two eyes at the TV
- Izzy, you truly take this movie way too serious, I said and chuckled
- I think all can agree that the Phil guy is really hot, my mother said
- That's something I agree on. Bradley Cooper is a catch, Izzy said
- Definitely, I answered
The three of us laughed and Jace just looked at us like we were crazy.
- Speaking of catch, have you heard anything from Magnus? My mother asked concerned and looked at me
- No, I muttered
- You worry too much, Jace said
- You worry too little, I answered
When the movie finally was over, I walked up to my bedroom and laid down on my bed. My whole body felt exhausted, but I wasn't surprised since I returned back to New York earlier today after a long plane ride. Before I closed my eyes, I checked if Magnus had texted me, but nothing. I know that I don't have to worry about him because he can take care of himself, but I would never forgive myself if something would happen to the love of my fucking life. I feel asleep shortly after I put away my phone and when I finally woke up the next time, the clock was 10am. My body still felt tired so I decided to stay in bed for awhile and watch some of my many TV shows instead. Fortunately, my homeschooling doesn't start until next week which means that I have all the time in the world to work on myself and sleep until I never feel exhausted again. Suddenly, a knock on my bedroom door was heard and before I got the chance to react, Magnus walked in with a enormous smile on his lips.
- Hi babe, he said and walked over to where I was laying on my bed
- Hey, I answered and blushed
Magnus laid down beside me and pulled my body a lot closer to his.
- What are you watching? He asked
- Riverdale, I answered
- Are you too lazy to get up today?
- Yeah, I muttered
Magnus only laughed and pressed a light kiss on my tomato red cheek.
- I have missed you, he whispered
- I have missed you too
The two of us watched the TV show for a while, but I was mostly concentrating on Magnus who was laying like a greek god beside me. Everything about him is so perfect and I still can't believe that he's my boyfriend. I mean, he could choose anyone he wanted and he chose me.
- How did it go at home? I asked after a while of watching the show
- It went well, Magnus answered
- Was your stepfather home? I asked
I dragged my hand carefully through his raven hair and felt how he relaxed completely under my touch.
- Yeah, Magnus muttered
- Did he do anything to you? Are you okay? Please don't tell me that he hurt you. I swear, I'll kill him, I said
- Alexander, nothing happened. He was passed out most of the time
- Really?
- Yes, Magnus answered and smiled
- That's good to hear, I said and couldn't keep the smile off my lips

// TBC \\

Q: What would you like to see happen in upcoming chapters?