4 | reality punches back

Carter's POV

"This is awesome!" Chris yells in my ear, extremely loud, that I think I lost my hearing in my right ear.

"Can you be any louder?" I shout back into his ear as well, making him scowl at me. I roll my eyes at him, staring at the many people that are now in my house, dancing, drinking, and laughing their heads off. Just having a jolly good time. Glad to see my guests are having a good time. Yet somehow, I'm just not feeling it tonight. 

"I'm going to be right back!" I tell him, yet he only nods and walks towards a couple of girls that catches his eye. Sighing with a shrug, I go to the kitchen and of course, I'm baffled. Not a surprise. I see beer bottles everywhere on the kitchen counter, cups all over the ground, and half of them are not even empty.

Do people not know how to clean up after themselves? There is a damn trash can right here in the kitchen! I put it there for a purpose! And what does everyone do? Not throw their trash in the garbage. It's as if it was invisible!

Annoyed, I begin to pick up the empty beer bottles, or so it seems to be empty, and throw it in the garbage. Next comes the plastic cups, empty chip bags, and empty pizza boxes. 

"Why the hell am I picking up other people's mess?" I mutter to myself. "Oh, that's right. It's my house and my party." Blowing out a deep breath, I see that the trash is now piling up and so I grab the trash bag and tie it, throwing it over my shoulder as I walk out of the kitchen, to my backyard.

In just seconds of just stepping outside, my nose alerts a smell that oddly smells like something I'd get in trouble for.

"Gosh darn it," I bite out, staring directly at the group of boys that are smoking shit that I don't want. "I'm so dead," I groan.

So this is what happens when I throw parties. Ah, no wonder my parents think I'm such a disappointment. If my kids did this type of crap that I do, well, let's just say that I wouldn't be proud. Nor happy. Hell, what parent would be happy if their kid threw a party and all you could smell was this?

Shaking my thoughts away, I chose to walk up to them, which could either be a good idea or a bad idea. Taking a deep breath, I try to lower my anger a bit, feeling now a tad bit calmer as I walk up to the group of guys, of course, still holding the bag of trash. How wonderful.

"Yo. Idiots," I say loudly, not even thinking that they would even hear my voice by the boisterous music from inside, but somehow, just somehow, they heard me.

"What's up, Carter. Sweet party bro." One of the guys from the group says, standing up as he tries to give me a friendly handshake, yet I take a step back and shake my head.

"Thanks for the compliment," I say sarcastically. "Look," I sigh, "I'm not trying to be rude or anything but you gotta get this crap out of here." I point the drugs, motioning for him to give it to me so that I can throw it in the garbage. Sadly, he continues to smoke it. As if he's trying to make me more irritated. "Give it here man," I bite out. 

"What's your problem?" He says, now straightening his back, which makes him look taller and scarier at the same time. Dammit. Now I gotta deal with this fool?

"You have got to be kidding me," I mutter. "Listen here, you dumbass, if you don't get this shit out of my house, I'm going to kick you and your little friends out of my house. Now, what do you say? Wanna be nice and give me the weed so that we don't have a problem? Or do you want me to kick you out?" Feeling good about my words I almost smirk. Almost.

"How about," he says, taking a step forward. "We fight?"

"Say what?" I cough out.

"If you want to fight, just say so Carter. I know for sure I can take you in a matter of seconds. I just wanna know if you're going to end up alive or not. Because right now, I'm heading into not." Oh no he didn't.