I win. And my prize is her

CARTER (CHAPTER 34)

Driving to the surprise that I have for Taylor is nerve-wracking since I don't know what she'll think about it. Taking deep breaths I continue to drive, my hand holding Taylor's tightly, hoping she'll never let go.

She's the girl I wanna marry someday.

The girl I want to have kids with.

The girl I want to buy a house with and live with for the rest of my life.

She's the girl.

"Are you talking to yourself, Carter?" I turn around, flashing a smile at Taylor. A very nervous smile.

"What... Pfft, no," I tell her. She raises an eyebrow at me, rolling her eyes she shrugs, turning her head to look out the window. Phew.

Who's the dumbass Carter?

You're a dumbass. Yes, you are.

Turning right I notice we're almost close to the surprise I have for Taylor. It was extremely hard to think of a surprise for her, but thankfully Jack saved my ass and helped me. Chris just laughed and called me a whipped boyfriend. Which of course, I'm not.

In less than five minutes though, we make it to the surprise. Parking the car I look at Taylor, noticing her eyes widen by the view in front of her.

"What the..." Smirking I get out of the car, running to her side I open the door, putting my hand in front so she can take it. Taking it she looks at me with a shocked expression as she gets out of the car.

"Surprise babe," I tell her with a smile. Shaking her head she returns back to reality, scoffing at me she pushes my chest. "Ow," I say, rubbing my chest.

"Sorry. It's just you didn't have to do this Carter!" Looking at her with a confused expression, I'm now wondering if she knows what a "surprise" means.

"I didn't have to do what? Make you happy and throw you a surprise?" She sighs, running her fingers through her hair.

"I just don't know how to repay you. Why the hell did you have to make it so amazing?!" I laugh, pulling her close to my chest I kiss her cheek.

"Don't repay me. Or better yet, repay me with sex." Winking at her I grab her hand, tugging her along with me. The surprise that I thought was amazingly done was that I bought a whole restaurant for a night. Yup. I basically bought it. For one night though.

The restaurant has a whole ocean view with its glass walls, and also, it has the best seafood in this damn city. This restaurant is also really fancy, meaning that only freaking rich old people come here to flaunt their money and buy lobsters and drink champagne until they die. So I was thankful that the owner of this restaurant let me basically pay for a whole night just for Taylor and me.

"Ladies first," I say, holding the door open for Taylor to walk in first. She scoffs at me, yet walks in. Looking at her I watch how the dress she's wearing hugs all of her damn curves, and that the more she walks, the more the dress rides up, showing more and more skin. Hell, I don't need food to solve my hunger.

I just need Taylor.

"Carter." I look up, seeing Taylor motion me over to where she is. Noticing I'm still in the same spot, holding the damn door even though I'm the only one outside is making me look weird. Walking to where she is I grab her hand, pulling her to where our table will be.

"I can't believe you did all of this," she mutters.

"Well, I only did this for you so blame it all on you," I tell her as we sit down at the table.

"And why would I blame it on me?"

"Because you just had to come in my life and make me fall in love with you." Her cheeks become a dark shade of red as she takes in my words.

"And you want me to say sorry to that?" I laugh, shaking my head.

"Not really."

"And why's that?"

"Well first, I don't think I can live without you. Second, I did confess my love for you and I still mean it. And third, the sex is amazing." Smirking at the last one I wink at her, making her blush once again.

"Ah, Mr. Green. Welcome to my restaurant. I hope everything will go very well for you and the lady tonight. I also have a waiter coming right over to take both your orders." Nodding I thank the man. In seconds the waiter comes as both Taylor and I are looking through the menus for what to order.

"Hello. My name is John and I will be taking your order for tonight. Would you like to hear the specials."

"No. Can we just have your best and most expensive wine please?" As I tell the waiter I get a hard kick at the leg from Taylor. "What?" She just shrugs, acting as nothing happened.

"And what would you like to order to eat sir?" Putting the menu down from my face I respond.

"I will have the Pasta con le Sarde." The waiter nods, writing the order down on his little notepad.

"Wonderful choice sir. And the lady?"

"I'll have the Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo please."

"Wonderful choice miss," the waiter says with a smirk as he looks Taylor up and down. Staring directly at the guy I cough loudly, making him turn to look at me. Giving him a death stare he laughs nervously, apologizing in a mumble, he walks away and goes straight into the kitchen.

"Did you really have to stare at him like that?" Leaning back in the seat I cross my arms at her.

"Did you really have to kick me?"

"I was trying to get your attention."

"By kicking me?" She almost laughs at me, yet turns her head to the right quickly, letting out a laugh.

"I just didn't want you to order the most expensive wine in this restaurant. That's why." I scoffed, crossing my legs.

"Well then maybe you should date the waiter instead," I mutter in a low voice.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," I say right away. Taylor smirks, crossing her arms as well as she looks straight into my eyes. "You do realize if you continue staring at me like that, I won't just teach you how to play Fortnight Taylor," I tell her, watching her expression change in seconds as she processes my words.

Laughing I run my fingers through my hair, knowing I won this little "staring contest" game she started.

"Don't be nasty," she says.

"So you don't want me?" She bites her lips, looking down at the floor. "Well?" I ask again.

"No?" I laugh at her answer.

"That sounds like you're not even sure yourself."

"I just don't know how to answer your question alright?" I nod, standing up from my seat I lean over the table, my face now close to her's.

"Oh, come on Smith," I smirk. "You know you want me," I flash a smile, which she scoffs.

Yup, that's my girlfriend everybody.

That's my girlfriend.

MINE.