All I want

TAYLOR (CHAPTER 62)

"We're here," Carter says out of the blue. My body jumps by his tone of voice, confused as to where we are since I did kind of fall asleep during the car ride and so I didn't pay attention as to where he was driving. Oh god, what if this is his plan for killing me? Pff, that's crazy Taylor. Why on earth would the one guy who loves you kill you? It's crazy, right?

"Are you okay?" Carter asks in concern as he stares at me. Nodding I force a smile, unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Um, not to sound crazy or anything, but where are we?"

Laughing Carter says, "don't worry about it. What? Do you think I'm gonna kill you or something?" My eyes widen by his words, yet he laughs even harder as he watches my expression. "Geez, I didn't know I looked like a killer anyway. You really don't trust me huh?"

"It's not that, it's just that well I don't really know where we are..."

"And? You think that I'm just gonna kill you because you don't know where you are?"

"Yes?"

"You need to stop watching those horror movies, Taylor. They're messing with your mind," Carter says in laughter, opening the car door. "Also, it's still light outside if you didn't notice that." Looking out the window I notice that the sky is still a nice dark blue, light still surrounding us.

"Oh. How embarrassing," I mumbled, opening the car door as well. Walking towards Carter in seconds he grabs my hand, pulling me close to him.

"You still think I don't like you?" he whispers to me, his lips so close to mine yet we don't move at all. We just stare.

"I don't know Carter. Things change. Life changes," I whisper back. He nods at my words, sighing as he looks to his right, still holding my hand.

"Um, I wanna show you something alright?" Smiling I follow him, hand in hand. My eyes wander at the view around us, the trees that surround us and the clear path that we're walking on. In seconds Carter stops me, making me almost trip down by the sudden movement. "You also need to close your eyes," he says with a nervous smile.

"What, why?"

Sighing he says, "because, as I told you, it's a surprise. Please just close them? Nothing is gonna happen to you, Taylor. I got you. Remember?"

"Yeah, I do," I say, closing my eyes.

"You can't see anything right?"

"No Carter, I can't see anything."

"Promise?"

"Promise," I say. In seconds I feel Carter taking my hands, guiding me to wherever the surprise is. "I'm not gonna trip right?"

"No, you're not gonna trip. I got you. Don't worry."

"Because you do know that if I trip, I might actually die. You know how clumsy I am right?"

"Taylor, you're fine."

"But--"

"Taylor?"

"Yes?"

"You talk too much. Shut up for just one second and let me surprise you." Shutting my mouth I know for sure he's smirking just by it, but I ignore it since I can't see anything. "We're almost there alright?"

"Okay," I say, continuing to walk as I hold onto Carter's hands tightly. Wanting to open my eyes so I can see where we are is killing me, yet I know that I can't or else I'll ruin the surprise Carter has for me. And I can't do that to him. I gotta shut up, and keep closing my eyes.