"You're beautiful"

CARTER (CHAPTER 13)

"What's the answer gonna be?" I ask her, hearing her shudder as I whisper those words in her ear. Fucking hell, this girl is gonna be the death of me.

Holding back any words, I bite my tongue, praying that she says yes. Just one word.

"Come on Taylor," I mutter, lowering my head a bit more. There is a limit to just wanting to have a conversation with her, but I think I've already crossed that limit. I don't wanna talk to her, I wanna fuck her. But shit, I can't do that. I can never do that with her. So instead, I go the simplest, more innocent way. I ask her out on a date.

Simple right? No, cause right now, this little silence that is going on between us is killing me, annoying the shit out of me, and also since I haven't asked out a girl since high school. So yeah, I've gone old. My whole "would you go out with me?" question has gone rough, stiff, a bit awkward, yet I think I still got it.

"Yes," I hear her mumble a word under her breath, my heart stops working as I try to make out the word that came out of her mouth.

"Wh-what?" I stutter, taking a step back to look right into her eyes.

She embarrassingly smiles, pulling onto her bottom lip. "Yes?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Is that a question?" She groans, slapping her forehead.

"If you were in my shoes, you'd know how hard it is," she mutters, crossing her arms.

I smile. "Yeah, well if you were in my shoes, then you'd know how hard it is as well."

"Oh really?" I nod. "And what is so hard? Asking out a girl." I nod with a chuckle.

"And what is so hard for you? Saying just a simple yes or no? Come on Taylor, you both know how hard it is being in both of our shoes." She rolls her eyes, yet looks straight at the ground. "But enough about this," I say, taking a step forward. "What was your answer again? Hm?"

I lift up her head, amazed by how beautiful her blue eyes are, not even noticing at how beautiful they were before.

"What?" she asks, which I shake my head. "You were looking at me weirdly." I shrug, with a smile.

"You just have," I stop with a sigh. "Amazing blue eyes," I whisper, seeing as how her cheeks turn crimson, staring right back at the ground.

"Are you going to take me out or what?" she speaks out, giving me the stare that makes me go crazy.

"You so want me," I tell her, which earns me a loud scoff from her.

"I do not," she backs away, crossing her arms.

"Yeah" I take a step forward again. "You do."

"And how do you know that?" she asks.

"Well I mean, everyone loves me." She laughs. "It's true. But to be fair, not everyone loves me."

"Ha, see."

"What I meant to say was that every girl loves me," I tell her with a wink.

"That is such bullshit."

"It's true. Plus, I can prove it."

"Alright then. Prove it." I smile at her words, knowing at how entertaining this will be for me.

"Give me the whole day, and I'll make you fall in love me by the end of our date," I say, feeling proud at myself.

"Half a day," she says back.

"Aw, really?" she nods. "Fine," I mutter with a frown.

"And not love."

"No love?" she nods again. "Fine then. How about like?"