I miss him. I love him. I want him. I need him.

TAYLOR (CHAPTER 57)

I'm left in pure shock. I literally broke Carter. I broke him! And it's all my damn fault!

"Carter..." I say sadly, tears suddenly forming in my eyes. He looks at me in anger, yet also pure disgust like he can't stand to look at me.

"Find me when you wanna return it alright? I sure would love to remember what it was like to actually love someone again," he says harshly, walking away from me, yet again. In moments I break down, my body wanting to fall down and cry all night for Carter. I knew that when I left Florida to go to Paris that it would both equally hurt us, but what I didn't know is that the pain vanished quickly for me, slowly for him.

"Wow, how can a beautiful girl like you, be such a bitch to the guy that still loves you?" A female voice says behind me. Confused I turn around, my eyes widen as I stare at that black-haired girl Carter was sitting next to. Great, she must be his new girlfriend.

"I'm sorry, did you just call me a bitch?" The girl laughs harshly, rolling her eyes at me.

"Sweetie, I know a bitch when I see one, and you sadly, are acting like one."

"Look, I don't know who you are but I don't like it when strangers call me such foul words," I tell her.

"Oh I'm sorry, where were my manners. Hi, I'm Veronica, Carter's cousin," she says with a smile, putting her hand out for me to shake.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't know," I tell her, full in shock that she's actually Carter's cousin, not a girlfriend. Now that I think about it though, they do look quite alike.

"No sweetie, you didn't ask. And I'm now guessing you're the girl he's fallen head over heels these past years?"

"Um, I don't know if he's head over heels for me right now, to be honest..." I mutter.

"Don't be stupid, he's still in love with you! Why the hell do you think he even came here to this wedding? Not for your sister, I hope," Veronica tells me.

"Look, I'm not trying to sound mean here, but I'm not dating Carter anymore. We broke up years ago, and by the looks at it, he hates me and I'm still a broken mess by it," I say, my emotions taking over me in seconds.

"Damn, why are girls so stupid these days?" I raise my eyebrows at her words. "Look, Taylor right?" I nod. "My stupid ass of a cousin here is still madly in love with you, which I have no idea why, but somehow he is. Now look, you can either stand here and give me a freakin speech as to why you won't run after him and just talk things out, or you can actually do that without giving me a speech!" she tells me in excitement.

"But I can't! It's been five years and I've tried so hard to forget about him and move on with my life, but I still can't! And you know why? Because it's all Carter's fault!" I shout at her, full of anger.

"You're still wrong sweetie," she says with a smirk.

"What?"

"You can't move on and forget about him because you still love him! Not because of him, because of you! I'm gonna sound absolutely cheesy right now but it's gonna be worth it," she says as she grabs my hands, pulling me close. "I know your head is telling you something else, but what does your heart say?"

"I don't know," I mumble, not loving the fact this is all happening right now at Lila's wedding. But let's be real here people, Lila wanted this to happen so it's gonna happen.

"That's not an answer. I know you know it, Taylor. So you better tell me before I rip your hands off."

"Okay, okay, sheesh! My mind is telling me that this is gonna be the worse mistake I'll ever make in my entire life, yet my heart is telling me that it's far from a mistake and that I still love him alright?!"