The invitation

TAYLOR (CHAPTER 30)

"So that's why we were on the floor. And that's why the door is now broken..." I tell Shawn. It's been about a good twenty minutes, and now we're sitting down on the couch. Lila and Shawn sitting together as a happy couple, whereas I'm sitting on the edge, holding my phone.

"Uh huh. That's not crazy at all Tay..." I roll my eyes, hating the nickname that he has for me.

"Shut up Shawn. Now, can you please tell me why you're here?"

"Yeah, babe I thought you were working with your father?" Lila says to Shawn. Shawn has some hotel company with his father, and so since his father is retiring soon, he's giving Shawn the job as the new boss of the hotel. And he's the only son of the family so of course, he got the job as soon as he turned eighteen.

"Yeah I was but the old man thankfully let me go home early. So I came, went to my house first and saw my mom, and then I just thought to visit you. I guess it wasn't a smart plan though considering I came at the wrong time."

"I told you, Shawn... She stole my phone!" He laughs, rubbing my head like I'm a child. I flick him the bird, patting down my messy hair and fixing it.

"The only reason I took your phone in the first place was that I wanted to see what Carter was doing to you!"

"Okay, number one, that sounds weird, and number two, why?!"

"Wait, wait... who the hell is Carter?" Both Lila and I sigh at Shawn.

"He's Taylor's boyfriend."

"No, he's not!"

"Yes, he is!"

"No, he's not!"

"Yes, he is!"

"I am going to kill you, Lila," I say.

"Whoa, whoa. Girls stop. We're not doing this again. Plus, you're adults, not little kids."

"Fine," Lila says, crossing her arms in anger. Shawn chuckles, pressing a kiss on Lila's cheek. Her frown breaks into a smile, giving a peck on his lips.

"Yuck. Shawn, you do realize you're going to get Lila's disease right?" He laughs, whereas Lila just sticks her tongue at me.

"I wouldn't honestly care if I did. I love her too much to care about that."

"Awww, baby!"

"Just kill me now," I mutter under my breath.

"Stop being a pain in the ass. I'm pretty sure you did something with Carter, Taylor."

"What? When?" My heart drops, hoping that Lila doesn't say anything in front of Shawn. Shawn is literally like an older brother, he'll go insane and super strict if he hears about this and doesn't know who the guy is.

"Don't "what, when" me. I know what you did a week ago when you were at his house, Taylor. You literally came home all happy and sunshine!" And her point is?

"What? This happened just a week ago? And you didn't tell me, Taylor?" Shawn says, full parental.

"Calm down Shawn. You're not my father," I tell him.

"Like hell, I'm not. I've known you since I've been dating Lila, which has been almost five years." I roll my eyes at him, causing Lila to slap my leg.

"Ow! What'd you do that for?!"

"You're being an idiot! Shawn's trying to help you, Taylor!"

"For what?! I'm not gonna get killed Shawn, you need to calm down." He sighs, rubbing his face in frustration, clearly by me. Lila pats his back, whispering something in his ear. He nods, looking up and straight at me, scared at what's coming next.