The "surprise"

TAYLOR (CHAPTER 33)

Two months later...

*

"Where did Carter go?" I ask Lila as I walk out of my bedroom. After that whole teasing that Carter did to me, I wonder if it was even a good idea to do that in my room where Lila or Shawn could be listening behind the door.

"He said he'll be back in ten minutes," she says with a shrug. Sighing I walk into the kitchen, grabbing a cold water bottle out of the fridge.

"So, what did you two do in your room?" I choke on my water as I hear Shawn say that. He looks at me with a confused expression, watching me with those eyes that scare me.

"We played Fortnite," I shrug, not at all liking the game. "Carter wanted to teach me and so I allowed it. Turns out though, that game is difficult!" I shout, throwing my hands in the air. "I held the controller for one stupid second, and I already died!"

"Wait a minute," he shakes his head, looking straight at me. "You played Fortnight?"

"Is it so hard to believe that I played a video game?" I ask him, raising my eyebrows.

"No, no," he mumbles. "It's just hard to believe that you actually wanted to try and play," he chuckles.

"Why I still talk to you, I have no idea," I say, walking away.

"Sup little sister," Lila says as she walks past me.

"Sup my big annoying sister," I say back.

"Oh, Taylor! Crap, I forgot to tell you." I stop in my tracks, turning around to look at her.

"Forgot to tell me what?" I ask

"That you're going to mom and dad's house tomorrow," she smirks, which my jaw drops.

"Me? What about you?" I ask, which she laughs, waving me off.

"Do you honestly think mom and dad wanna see me? They love you the most, plus mom also called me while I was at work today, and she mentioned how she only wants you to come over because she and dad have to tell you something that involves you. Not me."

"What? Why did she tell you this and not me?" She shrugs.

"Ask her, not me."

"Fine. Is that all?" She nods, motioning me to go back to my room. Sighing I walk away and as I enter my room, Lila shouts something at me. "What?!" I shout right back at her.

"You should invite Carter! It'll be nice if mom and dad meet him and for them to bond with him. Especially dad." My heart stops. Just thinking of inviting Carter over to my parent's house is pure death, yet could end up well for me if it goes well. They like Shawn, so why wouldn't they like Carter?

Plus, I have been dating Carter for two months so... I guess it's time for them to meet him.

Dammit.

"I'll think about it!" I know for sure Lila must be grinning right now, knowing that I'm going to agree to her idea. Shutting the door I go to my closet, trying to wonder what I should wear to Carter's little surprise.

Looking through my closet I pull out a white dress with pink patterns on it. Literally did not know I had this dress, yet it'll be a nice surprise for Carter. I put on the dress, then I curl my hair, putting on a bit makeup on as well. Just to make Lila happy. Looking back at the mirror I smile, lifting up my arms to see how short this dress is.

"Taylor your Prince Charming is here!" Rolling my eyes I grab my bag and rush to open my bedroom door. As I open the door I see Carter with his hand held high in a fist, probably was about to knock on the door as I opened it.

"I think I love you even more now Smith" I smile at his words as he looks me up and down. Not even noticing he's wearing a freaking suit my eyes widen by how hot he looks right now.

Whoa," I mumble. He smirks with a wink, his hand grabbing mine as he tugs me forward to him.

"I really wanna see that dress on the floor though," he whispers in my ear, his words making my body shiver in a second. He plants a sweet kiss on my neck, his nose rubbing the side of my neck, knowing he's breathing in the perfume I sprayed on. "I really love you. Like really, really love you." Smiling, I plant a kiss on his lips, saying the same words right back at him.

"I'll never get tired of you," he mutters as he kisses my neck.

"You better not." He smiles as he leans for a kiss on my lips, a gentle, soft kiss that takes me by surprise.

"Same goes for you," he mumbles against my lips.

"Fine then. Pinky promise?" I push his chest a bit away, raising my pinky to his face. Smirking he entwines his pinky with mine in seconds, leaning in once again for another kiss.

"I promise." And that's all he has to say.