Whataya Want from Me?

CARTER (CHAPTER 56)

Five years. Five fucking years of not seeing her, and now it's happening. To be honest, I was a bit confused as to why Lila invited me to her wedding in the first place since she is Taylor's sister, and I didn't think I had it in me to even go and see her at the wedding, yet the grownup in me just told me to "fuck it" and just get it over with.

But seriously, it's been five years! The moment when Taylor left Florida and my life, I wanted to cry every single day and wonder, why the hell did I fall so hard for this girl? I had to get back on my feet and start fresh, and so I did. I attended my classes, which made Jack and Chris both happy, I graduated two years ago, moved out and am now living in a condo by myself.

Chris left Florida and is now living in Miami so he can carry on the family business with his father, Jack is now a freakin doctor and lives with his girlfriend who he's been with for almost a year now, and me, well I'm now a twenty-six-year-old, a successful businessman, and I'm still filthy rich.

So, to be honest, nothing has changed except that I have a job now and I'm more mature than I was five years ago. So yeah, it has been five years and even though everything in my life has basically changed, just seeing her now makes me think I'm twenty-one again. And not in a good way.

"Hey, Smith," I say in a low voice, my heart just beating out of my chest as I stare at her. That fucking dress she's wearing makes me want her all over again, just to touch her, feel her, love her, but we all know that has come to an end.

"Fuck my life," she mutters quietly, looking at the ground.

"And I thought the princess would never swear," I say, shocked and a bit impressed as I heard her swear. Since it has been five years, I see that Taylor has changed quite a bit as I stare at her carefully. Her hair is now darker and longer, she has more curves than before and looks even more beautiful than the last time I saw her.

"Mia, I need to talk to Carter alone please," she tells the girl who is standing right beside her with a smirk on her face, practically loving this whole drama thing we got here.

"Fine, but don't be late. Ben will miss you," the girl says with a smile as she walks away from Taylor.

"Ben?" I ask, wanting to know who the fuck is this new guy in her life. Taylor groans, walking over to me she tugs on my arm, making me follow her out of the reception all the way outside.

"What are you doing here Carter?" Taylor says as she lets go of my arm like I'm burning her.

"Your sister invited me. That's why." Taylor scoffs at my answer, crossing her arms as the cold wind surrounds us.

"And so what? You could've just said "no" and not come."

Shrugging I say, "well that wouldn't be that nice at all babe"

"Don't call me that"

"Don't call you what?" I say teasingly.

"Don't call me "babe" alright? I don't like it."

"And why don't you like it? Huh? Care to tell because I know for a damn fact that you didn't get your heartbroken by the one person you thought loved you," I tell her, "You didn't get to feel like shit and wonder over and over again why me? Just why me?! You didn't get to feel that way, and you know why?"

I take a step closer to her and look straight into her eyes. "Because you weren't the one who felt all of that. I did. I did every single day, so don't go telling me that I can't call you "babe" and why I'm even here in the first place. So thank you for pulling me out here in the damn cold just to ask me why I came and why I keep calling you on that nickname. Thank you so much," I said angrily, turning away from her I go back inside, feeling extremely pissed as I walk back to my table. Unbuttoning my blazer I sit down, taking a drink out of my beer.