This is complicating

TAYLOR (CHAPTER 12)

He's late. That asshole is late and I've been waiting in this library, just for him, looking like an idiot.

"Damn him," I angrily say as I close my book with a slam, throwing it onto the table as I walk away, entering the hallway that leads to the front. "I can't believe him. I ask him to do one thing, and he doesn't do it!" I throw my hands up, frustrated that he didn't even keep his promise. It was just one little thing! One thing that I asked him to do, yet he didn't.

"I'll teach him who's the boss. Me, that's who," I mutter to myself, stepping outside in the blazing heat, which takes over my energy in seconds. "Now where the hell is he?" I ask myself, looking around for him, yet he is not to be seen.

I swear if he left...

No. It can't be. He's not that mean, is he? Nah.

I shake my head, leaving the bad thoughts away. "Come on Green. Where are you hiding?" As my eyes wander I have noticed some person sitting down on the grass, their back against the tree. "It can't be him right?" I ask myself, yet as soon as I see the smoke from a cigarette, I knew in a second that it was him.

"Found you." I smile, walking to where he is sitting. The closer I walk to him, the more I notice at how exhausted he looks and at how his mood suddenly changes whenever he has that ghastly thing in his mouth.

"Ahem," I cough out, crossing my arms and tapping my foot in disappointment. I watch as his head turns right where I am, his eyes widening as he looks right at me.

"Taylor!" he yells in joy, quickly stands up and shakes the dirt off his pants. I roll my eyes, watching as he throws the cigarette onto the ground, stepping right on it.

"I see you were having a blast," I bite out sarcastically. "Did you have fun getting cancer?" He scoffs, rubbing his eyes.

"Damn, you ruin the fun out of everything," he mutters, yet I clearly hear his words very well.

"I ruin the fun out of everything?!" I shout, taking a step closer to him, yet he takes a step back. "I ruin the fun out everything?" I question him, grinding my teeth in anger.

"Are you asking me that? Or are you questioning yourself?" he says in confusion.

"I can't do this," I tell him, forming my hands in a fist. "I don't know what this is or what you're doing," I motion at him, "But it's beginning to get on my nerves."

"I'm sorry," he says softly, yet I shake my head sternly.

"Sorry's not gonna be enough," I tell him, turning around to walk away.

"Fucking hell. Wait, Taylor!" I roll my eyes, flipping him the middle finger and continue to walk. "You can't leave!" I wave him off, yet as I am about to take another step, I feel something hold me back.

Him.

"Oh my gosh, what are you doing!" I shout, seeing as he is laid onto the ground, holding onto my right foot with all his might. "Let. Go." He shakes his head, mouthing a no.

I growl, trying to move my leg yet I clearly can't. "Carter!" I yell, trying to jump out of his hold, yet it is literally impossible to.

"Ya know, you're really cute when you're angry," he grins with a wink.

"I'm gonna barf on your face," I say with honesty, seeing as he looks taken aback with my words.

"You're mean." I scoff.

"And I've heard worse."

"Really?" I nodded, crossing my arms. "Tell me." I bite my tongue, not loving this conversation that we're having.