I'm whipped

CARTER (CHAPTER 22)

"Are we there yet, are we there yet?"

"Shut the fuck up Chris," I mutter.

"I just wanna go home," he whines, which I kick the back seat of his chair yet again, trying to shut him up.

"Chris if you don't shut up, I'm going to crash this car," Jack tells him.

"Don't say that Jack! You'll jinx it!" Chris shouts, slapping him at the back of his neck.

"Both of you. Shut up," I grumble, annoyed with the both of them and how they're acting with Taylor sleeping in the car.

Looking at both of them, I wait for a good minute, seeing if they're going to talk again, which luckily, they don't. Smiling, I close my eyes, leaning against the seat and cross my arms, slowly falling into sleep with Taylor next to me.

"We're here!"

"Chris!" I groan, pulling at the ends of my hair in anger. "I'm going to kill you, Chris," I tell him slowly, threatening him to stop.

"What?" he asks. "Is it that bad that I love my home?"

I scoff, rubbing my eyes. "It's not your home genius. It's mine and Jack's. You just sleep there because your sorry ass doesn't have any money to have your own place."

"Oh. Right."

"Okay, I parked the car, Carter. You got Taylor?" I hear Jack say, which I nod.

"Yup," I tell him. "I got it, don't worry." I open the car door, myself first stepping out, then carefully grabbing Taylor from inside, holding her tightly in my arms.

"You got her?" Chris asks as he steps out of the car as well.

"Don't worry about it," I blow out a breath, closing the car door with my foot. Walking away from the car, I walk to the front door of my house, waiting for Jack to unlock the door.

"You know what would be funny?" Chris whispers in my ear, a smirk on his face makes me unsure as to what he's gonna say.

"Punching you," I reply.

"What? That wouldn't be funny. That would hurt Carter," he frowns, taking a step away from me.

"I know," I smirk.

"Shut up," he rolls his eyes. "I mean.... if we woke her up and threw her in the pool while she's asleep," he grins, rubbing his palms together like a damn villain.

"You're an asshole," Jack says as he unlocks the door, grabbing Chris by the wrist, pulling him in the house.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," I sigh, walking in.

Carefully taking off my shoes, I hold her tightly to my chest, feeling her warmth. Smiling, I walk to the staircase, about to go upstairs until I hear Jack as me something.

"Where are you going?" he asks from the kitchen.

"I'm taking her to my room so she can sleep. Don't worry, I won't do anything drastic like Chris here." I turn my head to Chris, angrily staring at him.

"What?" he mumbles, mouth full of food. "It was just a thought," he shrugs, swallowing his food. "People sleeping and throwing them in the pool is fun!"

"Why don't we throw you in the pool when you're sleeping. How's that?" Jack asks him, making me hold back my laughter so I don't wake up Taylor.

Jesus, this is so much work.

"I'm gonna go now," I tell them, leaving as I walk upstairs to my room. Making way to my room I push the door open with my back, walking inside. "Phew," I mutter, thankful that the maids cleaned my room, or else, it would not be a wonderful sight for Taylor to see when she wakes up.