The three choices

CARTER (CHAPTER 58)

"You what?!" I sigh, keeping the phone a good distance from my ear.

"Calm the fuck down Chris, you're yelling in my ear!" I shout at him, yet curse as I remember that Taylor is sleeping and could wake up by my voice.

"You want me to calm the fuck down?! You literally just told me you had sex with Taylor! Your ex!"

"I know, I know. I just knew I had to either call you or Jack, and we both know that calling Jack and telling him this isn't wise," I tell him quietly, sitting on the closed toilet seat.

"And you told me instead?!"

"You should be happy I told you instead of Jack! This shows that I trust you more and want your opinion."

"Yeah, you're right. But look, dude, do you have any idea what you have done? You. Banged. Your. Ex!"

"Is it that bad?" I ask him, rubbing my face in frustration.

"Bro, it's not good. But hey, I mean it's not the worse or stupidest thing you've done."

"Gee, thanks."

"Look, I'm gonna be honest about this and give you the reality check." Sighing Chris says, "I knew this was gonna happen the moment you told me that you were going to attend Lila's wedding. I mean come on dude, what did you think was gonna happen? It's her sister's wedding. Did you honestly think that she wasn't gonna be there or something?"

"No, I knew she was gonna be there Chris. That's the damn reason why I went to the wedding in the first place."

"Okay, I'm gonna say this once again, you're a dumbass."

"Do you think I don't know that?!" I tell him, standing up as I pace around the small bathroom.

"Okay, okay, calm down alright? Where are you now and where is Taylor?"

"She's sleeping," I mumble the words.

"And where are you?"

"In the bathroom."

"Wait just a damn minute. Did you just say you're in the bathroom? Of what? The freaking hotel room?"

"Yup."

"I'm gonna say this once again, you're still a dumbass."

"Can you stop saying that?!"

"How can I? You're literally talking to me on the phone, in the freaking bathroom. Whereas Taylor is right outside sleeping, and could possibly wake up any minute now wondering where the hell you are," Chris says.

"Can you please stop giving me a speech on how dumb I am right now and tell me everything's gonna be okay?"

"Pff, I'd be lying if said "everything would be okay" Carter. Here's the truth, and it's gonna hurt like a punch alright?"

"Alright," I mutter.

"You just had sex, with your ex. Which you have broken up with five years ago! Now, here's the punch, you do realize she's going back to Paris right?" I curse as I hear Chris say that. I mean I knew that after all of this, we would have to go back to our normal lives, yet just thinking of her leaving me again, makes me sick. And trust me, I do not want to feel the same way I felt five years ago when she left me.

"What have I done," I mutter, rubbing my eyes.

"Well, look on the bright side."

"What bright side?"