I hate love

CARTER (CHAPTER 41)

"Dude, come on, you gotta get out of your room someday," Jack says behind my door. Groaning I lift the covers over my head, closing my eyes once more.

"Is he still in there?!" Chris says.

"Yup. I don't know what to do," Jack sighs.

"Because you're a damn wimp. I got this." In seconds I hear the bedroom door opens, the door hitting the wall with a slam. Not even caring I fall back asleep.

"Get your ass out of this bed Carter. Jesus, why is it so dark?"

"Ew, why the hell does it smell so bad in here?" Jack says. It's been almost a week since that argument and break up with Taylor that I honestly forgot how to take care of myself. I mean I am a grown man, but when the women you love breaks up with you, she takes your fucking heart and crushes it along the way.

"Stop being such a crybaby Carter!" Chris says, ripping the covers off from me.

"Goodness, you smell incredibly bad. When was the last time you took a shower?" Jack asks me as he pinches his nose.

"When Taylor broke my fucking heart," I mutter. Jack swears under his breath yet Chris sighs.

"You need to get out Carter. Like now."

"I don't want to get out Chris. I want to stay here. Can't you guys leave me alone? Please?" Both of them look at me with sadness, probably feeling sorry for me yet I don't need their pity. I already feeling fucking sad.

"You'll find another girl Carter. It's not impossible to do. Hell, you're Carter Green! Girls love you!" Scoffing I rub my eyes, feeling wetness inside of them.

"You mean they love me for my dick. They just want me to have sex with them so they can tell their friends how they scored the player on this campus."

"And so what?" Chris says. Standing up, I look at him in anger, not loving the way they barged into my room like they're detectives.

"Taylor is not those girls Chris. She didn't see me as a player and she didn't want sex like those other girls. She was different. I loved her." I mumble. "Fuck it, I still do."

"Well, you gotta get out of this room someday. You can't just cry all day because she left," Chris says.

"Don't be an asshole, Chris. He's hurt. Can't you see?"

"And what do you want me to do? Just not do anything and leave him here to what? Die?"

"He's not gonna die, Chris. His heart is just broken, but he's not gonna die. You're overreacting." Chris scoffs at Jack's words as he paces around the room.

"I'm overreacting? Look at him! He can actually die of a broken heart! Google it! I already checked it and it's called broken heart syndrome. He can actually die if he continues being like this."

"Broken heart syndrome is a temporary heart condition that's often brought on by stressful situations. People with broken heart syndrome may have sudden chest pain or think they're having a heart attack." Jack reads out from his phone.

"See! I told you I'm right. He's gonna die if he keeps acting like this!" Groaning I lift the covers over my head, yet Chris pulls them back down. "Get. Up! Who the fuck cares?! Your heart is broken! So what?! Life is shitty yet people still continue to live it no matter what happens! You've been stuck in your room for the past week just because Taylor is moving to Paris? Dude! You should be happy she broke up with you!" Anger rises inside of me as I hear him say that. Standing up I punch the shit out of Chris, leaving him to fall on the ground with a loud thud.

"Don't fucking say that or her name," I say with anger.

"You know it's the truth. Don't you?" He says, standing up.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about," I mutter.

"You're a freakin coward! Don't you get it dumbass? She broke up with you so that she doesn't have to drag your ass around! She doesn't want to do long distance with you because she wants you to live your life! Now stop being a lazy ass and get up!"

"I'm still sad," I mumble.

"And I'm fucking hungry, but guess what? You can easily fix it."

"How?" I ask Chris.

"Why don't you stop being a pussy and actually go say goodbye to her? Isn't she leaving today?" Chris asks. Groaning I rub my head, trying to remember what time she's going to the airport.

"It's best if you go to her house first Carter," Jack says.

"You gonna do it or what?" Chris asks me as he opens the blinds, letting actual light in my room. Swearing I block my eyes, the sunlight burning them. "Carter?"

"Fine," I tell them.

"Atta boy! And I thought I had to pour water on you again," Chris says with laughter.

"What?"

"Nothing. Now go take a shower and actually wear clean clothes. I'll drive you to her house okay?" I nod at Chris, patting his shoulder.

"Thanks, man."

"Don't worry about it. Now go take a shower because you're burning my nostrils."

"And I was about to give you a hug," I tell him.

"If you gave me a hug, I would've fainted in your arms by how stinky you smell."

"Thanks, asshole."

"No problem. Jack, let's go," Chris says, tugging Jack along with him.

"Whoa, this broken heart syndrome is honestly scary. Are you sure he's fine?" Chris scoffs at him, grabbing his phone as he puts it in his pocket.

"I'm positive. Now stop reading the definition of it and go make me food."

"Why the hell do I gotta make you food?" Jack asks.

"Because I made Carter get out of his room. You didn't. Now go make me food." Laughing at the two idiots I close my door, dragging myself to the bathroom so I can take a shower. Staring at myself reflection on the mirror frightens me by how I look.

I haven't shaved, my hair's a mess, and I look crappy. And it's all because of one girl. The girl that I thought loved me, yet broke up with me. Me! I never had a girl break up with me before.

Yet the girl I confessed my love to did.

And the worst part of all is that I still love her.

I still do.