Damn you Carter Green

TAYLOR (CHAPTER 59)

"Hold on, why are you telling me this again?" I sigh at Lila, throwing one of the dresses she wants to try in the cart.

"Because I need your help and opinion!"

"You want my opinion?" I nod rapidly. "It's been a week since my wedding and your little sex scandal with Carter, aka your ex. I mean you saw this coming, didn't you?"

"Argh, am I gonna hear your opinion or not?!"

"Calm down girl, sheesh. I'm getting to it." I roll my eyes, motioning for her to continue. "Ahem, Carter loves you."

"Do you think I don't know that?"

"Well, you are a bit dumb when it comes to love Taylor. I mean the boy hasn't been with a single girl for five years! He literally waited for you and didn't stop trying. Doesn't that mean something to you?"

"Well I mean yeah, of course, it does! But I don't know, staying here in Florida and leaving the store in Paris? In the hands of Alice and Victor?"

"What's the problem of leaving the store to them?"

Sighing I say, "the problem is that they can't work together without creating a war. They literally fight all day! Non-stop! It's extremely exhausting and I'm sure that leaving the store in their hands would cause a lot of problems Lila."

"Like what? I'm sure they can look after a store Taylor. Haven't they been by your side for the past five years? They probably know what to do since they've been watching you do it. Plus, Alice and Victor have been working at the store more than you have. If mom trusts them, you should trust them too."

"I don't know..."

"Also, I feel like leaving the store in their hands isn't such a horrible idea Taylor. Hell, it's not even a problem. I think the only reason you want to go back to Paris is so that mom doesn't get mad at you for staying here. Is it that bad to just talk to her Taylor? I mean she doesn't bite. I think," Lila says, throwing another dress in the cart.

"It's not even about mom," I mutter.

"Then what is it about?"

"Marriage," I whisper the word, not loving the way it always makes my stomach churn.

"You can't be serious."

"Stop it, Lila. You know how much I hate big changes in my life!"

"How is that a big change? The biggest change and mistake that you made in your life was going to Paris and breaking up with the best guy ever!"

"But just think about it! Do you honestly think I'm ready to get married?"

"Taylor, I swear to god I will smack you for being so stupid. I just got married! Did I faint? No! Did I die? No! Did you see the way how I acted during those months of putting together the wedding? It was a complete mess! I honestly thought I was gonna be Julia Roberts in the movie Runaway Bride!"

"But didn't Julia Roberts get married at the end of the movie? Even though she was a runaway bride, she still got married."

"Stop interrupting me!" Lila shouts. "The point is that I walked down the aisle and married the man of my dreams. The man that I want to spend my life with until the day I die. Marriage looks tricky and weddings do cost a lot, but the best thing out of it all is spending your life with that one true person that you love and loves you as well."

"Did mom give you that speech or something? Because it sounds like something that she would say."

"Stop talking and let me finish!"