Chapter 8

The next morning Sarah awoke to the sound of waves. It was the most beautiful sound she had ever heard, and been awoken to.

  It was early. Paul still lay in his own bed, in the adjoining room, still asleep.

  Silently she got up, and went out on her balcony, just in time to see the sun rise out over the water.

  She sat there mesmerized for several minutes, then decided to go in to shower, and get dressed.

  After her shower, she put on her pink sun dress, that she had bought while shopping with Paul, a few days before their trip.

  Returning to the balcony, she had a strong urge to walk on the beach.

  Checking, she found Paul still sleeping. So she wrote a note, and taped it to Paul's door.

  Paul, gone walking on the beach. I might find some good sea shells. I won't be long.

               Love, Sarah

She put up her hair, picked up her shades, found a bag to put some shells in,  and slipped out of her room.

   The water seemed to beckon her in, as she got nearer and nearer to the cool serf.

  It was cold, and yet exhilarating. The sun came up to welcome her, as several birds did the same as they flew above her, and over the water.

She waded in the water, as she scanned the sand for shells.

  All around were many shells, of numerous sizes, and shapes. She picked up the ones she thought were interesting.

Before she knew it, she had a bag full, and by now the sun had risen high, and the day began to get hotter.

  Slowly, she made her way back to her hotel, and to her room.

  She put her shells in the bathroom sink, and went to check on Paul. He was still asleep.

  "Hmm......there was no need for this note," she said as she closed his door, and took the note off the wall. He must have heard her, because he opened it a few minutes later.

  "Oh, I thought you were still asleep, didn't mean to wake you." "I was already awake, just laying there. Looks like you've already been out."

  "Yeah, I went walking on the beach, and found some cool shells. I might do some kinda craft with them." "Oh, that sounds nice. You hungry?" "Yeah, actually, I'm starving! Worked up an appetite when I went walking."

"Great, I'll go shower, and get dressed, and we'll go find somewhere to eat."

  With that, he went back in his room.

  Sarah cleaned her shells while she waited, and a short time later he came out, and they exited her side together.

  They did not notice someone taking their picture.