Chapter 26

"YOU"

     My every thought starts and ends with you.
You are all I've ever wanted, and the one I never knew.

     I never knew what I needed was you, and that all my dreams were leading me straight to a love so true.

    You are my sunshine in the morning, and my moonlight at night. And to hold onto you above all else, please tell me I have that right?

    All my hopes and dreams, and all my scattered plans, don't mean a thing without you.

    You are the one who turns my madness into calmness, and my darkness into day. Oh, please don't go away?

   Oh, please stay, and please don't turn away, for my love is truer than true, but my love means nothing without you.

************************

  Paul turned, and saw a familiar sight, the blue lady that he had met, in a dream, or was it a dream. It could have been real.

"Hello Paul, I'm here to help."
"Help? They said there's nothing they could do!"
"Nothing they can do. But I am not them, and there is plenty I can do."
"What? How?"
"What, we will take her aboard our ship. How, we have our ways. Sarah will be healed."
"How will you take her?"
"You will see...what we need to know is, will you accept our help?"
"The alternative is Sarah dying." The lady nodded her blue head.

"Ok, take her.."

With that she looked at the two men standing beside her, and nodded.

  Silently they came to stand beside Sarah's bed, one on either side.

They moved something over her, and the tubes that were hooked to her just fell off, and she lifted up, off her bed, about three inches.

    She then started moving, and the two men moved with her. They moved to the wall, and just walked right through it, right along with Sarah.

"Where did they go?" Paul asked suddenly worried.
"They have taken her to our ship... Wanna come?"
"Me....how?"
"The same way they did."

Paul thought about it for a few min....

"Well, what about the Doctors, and nurses..they'll come in here, and..."
"Don't worry about them. We are between time..."
"Huh..."
"Seconds, we are in between seconds...It will remain that way, till we return with Sarah."
"Oh, ok...so, what do I do? Will it hurt?"

The alien smiled...

"Just hold my hand, and you'll be fine.."

Paul took a breath, and closed his eyes, and they both stepped through the wall.

  "Alright, you can open your eyes now."

Paul opened one eye, then the other.. He apparently was on their ship.

  He was in a large, open room, with some yellow seats, and an egg like thing in the center of it. It held a bed inside, with lights going up, and across the top.

  "That is where we will work on her. This will not take long."

"Ok.." He took a few steps toward where Sarah lay.

"Why don't you sit down." The lady said, motioning to the yellow seats.

He sat down, and watched in amazement, as people came and went, lights flashed, and they held instruments, like Paul had never seen.

   True to her word, they were done, and Sarah sat up in the bed.

  "Paul?...."

He jumped up...

"She called me!"
"Then go to her..."

Paul ran to where Sarah was, and saw her, no blood, no wounds of any kind. She was whole.

"Paul....am I dreaming?"
"No darlin, you're not. We are on a spaceship, and they have just put you back together."

She looked at herself, then back up to Paul..
"Paul, I thought...I was dying.."
"You were," he moved closer.
"They gave you back to me..." he then threw his arms around her.

Tears flowed from both of them, and the blue lady spoke again..

"Paul, Sarah, it's time to go..."

Before he knew it, he was back in the hospital room, with Sarah back in the bed.

Everything was as before, but there was still no blood, and no wounds. Her colour was back, where before she had been ghost white.

The three people were gone, and Sarah sat up, complaining that she was hungry.

  The nurses and Doctors ran in, in shock, because what they saw was impossible, but yet, there she was.

"Are you in pain?" One of them asked.
"No, I'm fine."

The Doctors, and nurses went to work looking, but they could find no wound.

"Well, we need to do some tests, but I don't understand this..."

Tests were done, but everything came back normal. There was nothing they could do but release her.

As a happy Paul, escorted his wife out the doors, the Doctors and nurses just stood there, scratching their heads.