Chapter 11

"With this ring I thee wed..." Paul slipped the ring on Sarah's finger as Ed, Babette and a few others looked on, and there was not a dry eye on the beach.

  It hadn't taken much to talk either of them into it, and so it ended up, they became man and wife, in the sand,  on a Honolulu beach.

She had walked bare foot, in her wedding dress that Paul had bought her the day before.

  Babette had helped her dress, but later that night, it would be Paul who helped her undress.

They spent their wedding  night in the cabin on the water that Ed had talked about..

They had to take a small boat to get to it, as it was surrounded by water, and it was there that they spent the next several days.

Once inside, the boat pulled away and it was just them....

  Sarah looked around nervously, still in her wedding dress, as Paul lit candles all around the room.

"I have to admit, I'm a little nervous.."

  Paul smiled, as he walked up to her, and put his arms around her waist.

  "I know, but there's nothing to be nervous about luv. You trust me, right?" "Yeah..b..." Paul shushed her with a kiss, then it became deeper, as his hands slowly went to work undressing her, until she stood there before him naked.

"You're beautiful, you know that, luv?" She bent  her head... "No, I don't." "Well, you are.." Paul replied, lifting her chin with his finger.

Paul never stopped looking into her eyes, as he picked her up and carried her to the bed. Her dark hair, that had been pinned up, now cascaded around her bare shoulders, as the day faded away, and shadows filled everywhere that the light of the candles did not light up.

There in the Hawaiian moon light, with waves lazily hitting the sides of the tiny island, they made love until the early morning hours, then slept most of the day, woke up, and made love again.

  Paul even talked her into skinny dipping, as there was no one else around. The only time they had any contact with anyone else, was when they ordered food, which was brought to them the same way they had come, by boat.

Rarely were either of them ever dressed, and Paul reveled in this.

  "I can't believe it!" Sarah exclaimed, as she lay there with a sheet covering her

"Can't believe what luv?"
"That my name is now Mrs. McCartney!"

Paul turned around, and draped one arm around her.
"Well, it is, you know..."
"I know, it's just taking a while to sink in.."
"Speaking of sinking in, come here Mrs McCartney!" "Who? Oh, you mean me!" She giggled, as Paul pulled her over to him.

Suddenly a thought hit him and he looked up deep in thought....

"What?" "I just thought of something.." "What?"
"When we left London we were just engaged, when we go back it will be as a married couple."

She pulled his face back down to her... "Just shut up and kiss me!" He smiled, "Whatever you say, Mrs McCartney.."

   Very soon they would have to return to reality, but they would do it not only together, but as husband and wife.

Back in London were all their problems, like all the Beatles troubles.

  They had broken up, and there was a lot of hard feelings, arguments, and misunderstandings that Paul was not all that happy to face again.

  The fans, mostly the ones who stood outside his house day in, day out, were having a lot of trouble understanding why the Beatles had broken up, and asked him every time he stepped out of his house.

  He didn't know how to answer them, because he didn't even know himself.

  What he did know was he had to somehow go on, but how?! He didn't know the answer to that one either.

But in all this, there was one constant... Sarah, she had been by his side, giving him strength, and encourageing him all along, and whatever he did, would be with her.

Could he do it without George, John and Ringo....just him and Sarah??
He hoped so....

Time to go home, and find out!