• t w o •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

Yoongi closed his laptop with a little more force then necessary. He was frustrated. He was currently experiencing a serious case of writer's block - something he couldn't afford as his entire career revolved around writing. The pause in creativity had been going on for a while now. Two weeks to be precise. The cause was unknown, perhaps just a lack of rest. Writing had become something of an addiction to Yoongi so he invested countless hours into creating different realities and losing himself within a character. Rather than sleeping he would fill himself up with caffeine and spend the night on his laptop, doing just that.

His publisher name was 'Suga' as he liked to keep himself private. Life was easier that way. As Suga he wrote stories of fierce action and psychological drama. It was in complete contradiction to what he otherwise spent his time writing; gentle stories of people finding love in the most cliché ways. These stories would never be read by anyone but himself as he had a reputation to uphold and a secret to keep - all the stories between two boys may give it away.

Yoongi was gay. Undoubtedly. He was no stranger to being with another man, mostly finding them in clubs late at night. Though, that was only during the times when he found himself depressed and craving some kind of affection. It of course wasn't the best option but it seemed the only suitable one. None of his friends or family knew and it would hopefully remain that way.

Just as the man was about to get up, his phone began to buzz on the couch.

"What do you want?" Yoongi answered Namjoon's call on the first ring. They had been friends since primary school and so a greeting such as this didn't bother either boy. In fact, it was more common than a 'hello'.

"Taehyung is going over to my house and he's got something I need. Could you pick it up and bring it to the library, please?" Namjoon asked, a crucial piece of information slipping his mind. Yoongi was completely oblivious as to what a little was and he was even more clueless that three of his friends were exactly that. Namjoon knew the moment Jin was home he'd be pouring juice into a sippy cup and he'd be going into little space with his two other little friends . . . but he just forgot that in the moment.

"Alright," he lifted himself off the couch and hung up, neither man needing to give a formal 'goodbye'.

Yoongi picked up his bag from the coffee table in the living room, slinging it over his shoulders as he stepped out of the small apartment. It was a place for two but currently held only one. Initially Yoongi had intended on getting a roommate to make life with rent and bills easier but that idea had flown out the window when he realised he simply enjoyed being alone.

The walk to Namjoon's house was short. They lived practically two streets apart and paired with Yoongi's naturally fast walking, the man was at the front door in no time.

He knocked once, twice, three times and got no reply. Was Jin not home yet? He tried to turn the door handle and found it twisted completely. Taehyung had forgotten to lock the door before leaving, so worried about leaving the three littles that it had stupidly slipped his mind.

Hesitantly, Yoongi opened the door and welcomed himself in. Surely it wasn't breaking in if you knew them, right?

Murmuring through the walls welcomed him. Taehyung and Jin must be talking in the bedroom, maybe. He relaxed slightly and began walking down the hallway, making a pause in the kitchen to pick up a chocolate chip cookie from the packet on the counter.

As he continued down the hallway, the voices became a little clearer.

"-be the coolest ever!"

That voice . . . it sounded like . . . Jungkook? He must have come with Taehyung.

Not thinking much of it, Yoongi wrapped his hand around the door knob and pushed open the door. Expecting to hear Jin scream in fright as he usually did when someone suddenly showed up, Yoongi was met with something completely opposite.

"Daddy?"

He threw the door open, now in complete shock at what Jungkook had just called out. His slight gasp caused him to choke on his cookie. He coughed up the crumbs into his hand, cringing at the wet and chewed pieces falling into his palm.

"What did you just call me?"

Yoongi could only take in the crayons and colouring books scattered across the floor for a few seconds before a pillow was hurled at his face. He stumbled back before getting the door slammed in his face by a panicked Jimin.

"You weren't supposed to see that."

Yoongi's head snapped to the side, looking down the hallway where Taeyung stood with a knife in hand. It was Yoongi's turn to throw the pillow in alarm.

"Are you trying to fucking kill me?" Yoongi screeched, lifting his fists. He'd at least go down with a fight.

"We don't use bad w . . ." Taehyung's words trailed off as he realised he didn't need to give that reminder to Yoongi.

"I'm not trying to kill you," Taehyung cleared his throat, placing the knife down on the kitchen counter next to him, "I just thought you were an intruder."

Yoongi would like to be able to relax now, but he couldn't. His thoughts were swarming, mostly with confusion. Had he just walked in on three of his friends . . . colouring? And from the brief glimpse he caught it seemed there was a very large collection of plushies in that room. Not only that, but Jungkook had just called him daddy. Daddy. What kind of kinky shit had that boy gotten into?

"Let me explain," Taehyung gestured for Yoongi to come join him as he took a seat at the dining table.

Hesitantly, the man walked over and sat opposite Taehyung.

"You know they're colouring in there, right?" Yoongi pointed an accusing finger down the hallway.

Taehyung glared at him, "don't be so rude."

"Rude?" Yoongi repeated, tone an octave higher with disbelief.

Taehyung leant forward on the table, clasping his hands together with a deep sigh. This moment was supposed to come from one of the three but it couldn't at this point. They were lost in little space and Yoongi needed answers now.

[ edit - we're only two chapters in and my excessive use of commas is already so obvious im-- 
also to anyone who read this before the edit (or during the period where i haven't gotten to edit future chapters yet), taekook's relationship backstory(??) is being changed. just a heads up. thanks for reading!! ]