• t h i r t e e n •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

The afternoon had faded into the night and plans of spending some casual time together became having dinner together. They didn't go out, considering that three males were still in little space, so they instead ordered some takeout and all watched an old movie. It was late by the time Taehyung and Namjoon were leaving. Jin was currently sat in the passenger seat of the car, legs pulled up to his chest with his chin propped on his knees as he struggled to keep his eyes open.

Namjoon subtly smiled at the sight, laughing at the way his head would sometimes drop to the side before he snapped himself up again. Namjoon ran his thumb back and forth across Jin's knuckles, their hands entwined together over the middle console.

"Bub," Namjoon softly called as he pulled into the parking lot of their nearby pharmacy.

"Hmm?" Jin's eyes were closed as he hummed the response.

The car pulled to a stop in an available parking spot just outside the pharmacy, "I just need to pick up some things, ok?"

Jin finally opened his eyes and looked at the building in front of them.

"Can I come in?" He asked, not wanting to be left alone in the car at night time. Being out at night time made the boy a little paranoid but being left alone was even worse. He was always so worried someone was lurking in the shadows, waiting to stab him and run with his wallet (or something else, who knew).

"Ok," Namjoon stepped out of the car, his hand not even out of Jin's for ten seconds as the younger ran around the car to grab onto his boyfriend again.

"TaeTae calls this the drug place," Jin mumbled.

There was a second of quiet between them as they entered the store, going down some aisle, then Jin spoke again, "are you taking bad drugs?"

"No, no, never," Namjoon quickly reassured him, "I'm just getting band-aids and some throat medicine."

Jin's eyes widened a little, "oh, your throat hurts?"

"Just a little," Namjoon mumbled as he started looking over the shelf, running his finger across the tags. Sometimes the pharmacy could get pricey with their products and the man was most definitely not going to spend too much money on some small bottle but he wanted to get rid of the itching sensation now as to not have it grow worse. He didn't want to end up having to take time off work; he loved the library too much.

"I can make it better," Jin muttered, leaning forward and pressing a soft kiss against the side of Namjoon's neck. His lips lingered a moment over the soft skin that held a warmth incredibly familiar to him. The moment didn't last long, however, as an old, gruff voice spoke behind them.

"Disgusting," the greasy looking man spat, "gays like you are wrong."

"You can always look away sir," Namjoon calmly replied as he took a box of cough-medicine that he had decided would be the best deal. He turned on his heel and began pulling Jin away. The old man stomped behind them, glaring with absolute repulsion in his eyes at Jin who was trying to figure out what they had done to upset him.

Just as they turned a corner, the man raised his hand and slapped it against Jin's free hand.

"People like you are going to burn in hell."

Jin jumped away, gasping in shock that the guy had actually hit him. Tears stung at the backs of his eyes but he refused to cry in such a public space.

Namjoon quickly stepped between the two, pushing Jin behind him. The younger's eyes dropped to his boyfriend's hands balling into fists, stance beginning to widen. Before Namjoon could throw the first punch, Jin grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back.

"Let's just go," he mumbled, pulling them down the aisle with the band-aids. He picked out a random box, hurriedly going to the counter and placing down their two items. Before the old man could approach them again, Jin paid and rushed them out of the store and into the car. Like before, he pulled his legs up to his chest and dropped his chin on his knees. This time however, the feeling was far different. The boy wasn't really tired anymore.

"Are you ok?" Namjoon reached out and took Jin's hand that had been hit. He inspected the spot, having to hold himself back from getting out of the car and kicking the guy in his over-hanging gut as he saw the slight red mark. Thankfully, the hit hadn't been strong enough to leave anything more but a temporary red spot.

Jin pulled his hand back, "I'm fine."

Of course he wasn't. Hearing such words thrown at him didn't exactly feel the greatest, especially not when they were directed at the relationship in which he was so happy. Why should be be made to feel horrible about simply loving someone?

Namjoon had caught onto Jin's deflated mood the moment they were walking to get band-aids.

"Hey, you shouldn't listen to people like that," Namjoon gently turned Jin's head to face him with his fingers beneath the boy's chin.

"It's hard not to," Jin muttered, eyes flickering down as he felt his lower lip wobble slightly.

Namjoon hid his frown, "we'll that never see that guy again. He's nothing to us."

Jin appreciated the use of 'us'. He liked feeling so connected with Namjoon, so reassured that this boy was just as deeply invested in this how relationship thing as he was. Still, his boyfriend's words weren't quite enough to lift his mood. He just simply forced a small smile and rolled his head to the side, staring out at the passing traffic on the street nearby.

so not gonna lie, this definitely came out of nowhere and is kind of irrelevant to this plotless story but hey who cares