• thirty-six •

Sure, spending a day off work to clean wasn't particularly ideal. Sure, you could lie to yourself and say that its all for a good cause because you're helping out a friend. Jin really wanted to make himself believe that, but admittedly he was in a secretly grumpy mood. He was having a perfect morning of eating pancakes and watching cartoons when Taehyung had texted Namjoon. Now, the couple were at Hobi's house, sweeping up broken bowls and vacuuming up all the smaller shards.

Hoseok had insisted he could do it himself but Tae had called the pair over nonetheless. He didn't want Hoseok cleaning all this mess up by himself, especially not just after breaking up with Hana. Sad or not he figured his friend would appreciate having some company.

Jin would usually try to be supportive and crack some jokes to make the mood lighter but he couldn't be bothered. He loved Hoseok but he loved his plans of doing nothing productive this morning more. Work had been exhausting and time consuming so he'd had barely any time to go into little space recently.

"Do you think she'll come back?" Taehyung asked as he picked up the last ripped up pillow, eyes going down the scratch Hana had managed to leave with her long nails. How she'd managed to get through the fabric should be a mystery to the boy but he'd witnessed Jungkook rip the bedsheets during one particularly ~rough night.

"I don't think she likes me enough to come back," Hoseok lightly joked as he held open a bag for Jin to pour in the last of the shattered plates and bowls he'd swept up. Namjoon followed behind him, pushing the vacuum cleaner through the kitchen and into the living room.

"I would," Jin commented, "but just to get my things."

"Would you go this kind of crazy though?" Taehyung asked, gesturing around the room.

Jin put his hand on his chin and thought about it. What would he do if he and Namjoon broke up? Cry, definitely, undoubtedly. But would he trash the place? Probably not considering they live together. He wouldn't want to break his own property.

The more he thought about it the more his nose scrunched up. He didn't like thinking about leaving Namjoon. He'd already envisioned their future together and was more than ready to take things a step further with the man – though they had both agreed to wait just a little longer. To get a little more stable, a little more prepared.

Like Jin, both Namjoon and Taehyung briefly envisioned scenarios in their head. Scenarios in which they broke up with their significant other. Neither of them liked that idea. There seemed no sane reason to do such a thing. Things were . . . perfect. Yeah, perfect.

"Daddy?" Jungkook softly called as he came out of the hallway, rubbing his tired eyes with his fist. His other hand clutched one of the stuffed toys Hoseok kept around just in case he ever had to babysit anyone while they were in little space. Jungkook had been put in the guest room to take a nap – somehow managing to sleep through all the noise.

Taehyung threw the last pillow into the trash before going over to his boy, picking him up and quietly speaking to him.

"I think we're done here," Namjoon sighed as he looked around. It definitely looked a little emptier, especially the living room which had been stripped of its decorative cushions.

"Thanks guys," Hoseok smiled to his friends as he looked around. Though he was upset about losing his things, he remained optimistic and told himself it meant that he could just go out and getter newer, better looking things. Yeah, and while he was out he could get some food because right now he was starving. He hadn't been able to find the time for breakfast this morning.

"Do you want us-"

Namjoon was about to offer to go shopping with Hoseok but he was silenced when Jin subtly tugged on the back of his shirt. He knew what the wordless action meant. It had been a struggle to get Jin to come into big space this morning considering the boy really didn't want to. And Namjoon would have let him stay in little space if not for the rather vague text Taehyung had sent that lead Namjoon to conclude there was still a crazy woman at Hoseok's house. Not wanting Jin to get hurt, Namjoon decided being in big space would be for the best. Upon arriving here, Jin had stayed in big space to help clean and with that done, he was practically itching to get back into little space.

"It's ok," Hoseok sweetly smiled, "I'll be able to handle it from here. Thanks again."

Bidding their farewells, Namjoon and Jin finally left and got in their car. Jin practically collapsed into the passenger seat with a deep sigh. He got hit with that feeling of unbuckling your belt after eating too much. Relief.

"You did good bub, I'm proud of you," Namjoon praised as he got in the car, looking to Jin who had almost immediately slipped into little space.

Jin pouted at the older boy, "it was boring."

"I know."

"Kookie got to be little," Jin crossed his arms over his chest and slightly slid down in the seat, "not fair dada."

"I'll make it up to you," Namjoon carefully reversed out of the driveway, narrowly missing Tae's car parked on the side of the street. Honking twice, the man then drove down the road, out of the suburban area and onto the busy streets of the city.

"How?" Jin questioned, sitting up in his seat.

"Well, what do you want?" Namjoon asked while sending a 'seriously?' look to the car that had just pulled in front of him without indication.

Again, Jin put his hand on his chin and thought for a moment.

"I want . . . churros, cartoons and cuddles."

Namjoon nodded his head, "sounds good."

A satisfied smile came across Jin's lips as he turned to look out the window, watching the busy city flash by. He loved coming here during the night (while in big space) because of all the lights and liveliness of the streets. There was something about the bright signs and that active atmosphere that only the city streets had the was so appealing.