• f o u r t e e n •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

Silent drives and no hand holding meant something was seriously wrong. Namjoon obviously knew what and why but he didn't really realise the extent of its impact on Jin until they got home and the young boy made a bee-line to the bathroom, getting into the shower.

Showers meant he wanted to be alone, probably so he could cry and that thought absolutely broke Namjoon's heart. He was able to handle people's hateful comments much better than his boyfriend and wanted so desperately for Jin to be able to forget about it but things weren't that easy. All Namjoon could do was his best to cheer the boy up and hopefully teach him that there were far more interesting things to be thinking about.

The man walked into the kitchen, lazily throwing the band-aids and throat medicine onto the counter. They didn't have many medical supplies so there wasn't a specific place for such things to be. Really, you just had to hope whatever you were looking for was in the first few cupboards you searched through.

Namjoon then went to his bedroom, getting dressed into his pyjamas considering he didn't take showers or baths at night that often. Unless the day had made him sweaty with muggy summer weather, he didn't really feel the need to wash twice.

When the bathroom door was opened and Jin walked into the room, Namjoon was further upset. Jin wasn't even wearing his favourite pyjamas - he just wore a white long-sleeved shirt with a pair of grey striped shorts that came to his mid-thigh.

Catching the faint scent of mint on the others breath, he realised Jin must have already brushed his teeth. Namjoon's shoulders slumped as he went to the bathroom, brushing his teeth alone (they always brushed their teeth together).

"You know, there's this new movie coming out tomorrow. We should go see it," Namjoon suggested as he walked back into the room, switching off the lights. The lamps on either side of the bed were on, providing enough light so the boy could see where he was walking.

"I don't feel like it," Jin mumbled, his back facing the other who laid down in his usual spot on the right side of the bed, "Hoseok might want to go."

Hoseok. Jin, Jimin and Jungkook always referred to him as Hobi, even out of little space. It was just habit after using the nickname for so long.

"Bub," Namjoon sat up with a loud sigh, "talk to me."

Jin briefly turned his head to look over his shoulder, "I'm just tired."

"I know that guy upset you and I know he hurt you."

Namjoon pulled Jin's hand out from under the blankets and looked at the fading red spot over his otherwise perfect skin. He lifted up the boy's arm and pressed a soft kiss against the spot, whispering about 'making it better'. Slowly, he began kissing up the boy's arm to the side of his neck and across the his jaw.

When he was just hovering over Jin's lips, their eyes locked.

"I love you," his breath was warm against Jin's lips and it just about made the boy melt on the spot. Jin's cheeks were tinted pink from just being peppered with such delicate kisses, a smile fighting at his lips as Namjoon made him feel so pretty and special.

"Don't listen to people like that guy," Namjoon gently ran his fingers through Jin's still partly damp hair, "we don't need that. We just need each other."

Jin couldn't help the small smile that broke out over his lips as the tint on his cheeks deepened. He reached up, holding the back of his boyfriend's neck with his fingers just barely running into his hair.

"I love you so much," Jin whispered.

Namjoon barely had to move to make their lips connect. It was a soft, passionate kiss that made both males feel much better. Jin felt safe with Namjoon. He felt protected from all the dark things the world held. Namjoon felt so damn happy with Jin. He'd never felt alone since they started dating and that was something he cherished so dearly. There was something so comforting about knowing that whenever they fell, they would always have someone to rely on to catch them - each other.

As they pulled away from the kiss, both boys simply stared fondly at each other. Silence was kept away only by the occasional car passing by the home.

It was Namjoon to first break the moment as he rolled back to his side of the bed, Jin then rolling over as well.

"What movie?" Jin asked as he wriggled himself into the older's chest.

Namjoon smiled and wrapped the boy up in his arms, making sure to hold him exceptionally close that night.