• nineteen •

"Ok, thank you everyone!"

Jungkook yelled over the chatter of the class, loudly clapping his hands together to get their attention. After going home last night and spending too long dwelling in his sad thoughts, the boy wasn't particularly in a good mood the next day. He had a class of little kids to look after today, Hoseok having decided that the boy should take most of the control for this lesson.

"You're welcome," one of the little boys giggled, causing the others around him to laugh. It was probably the least funny thing he'd ever heard but quite clearly it appealed to the rest of the seven-year old's as they all repeated the joke, once again working up to yelling over one another. Jungkook really considered hitting the kid for the briefest second. He was frustrated, depressed and tired from stressing about literally everything last night. This kid was really doing nothing good for the man.

Hoseok decided to give Jungkook a break, jumping into the rescue from the side of the studio. He took control for the rest of the lesson – as he usually did because Jungkook just wasn't good enough.

At least that was what he told himself as he went to the staff bathroom, leaning over the sink with deep breaths to calm himself down. He couldn't even call anyone to talk to. Everyone was at work, Taehyung was surely having much more fun not having to put up with his behaviour. Jungkook thought to himself, telling himself that he was just as much of a brat as those kids in the studio. Who would want to stay with someone like him?

The boy sat down on the floor, slowly becoming overwhelmed with emotions. He repeatedly thought about breaking up with his boyfriend, figuring it'd be easier on the heart if he did it first. Tae leaving him . . . just the thought felt crippling. He cringed thinking about the stupid things he'd done and how Tae would remember his ex as that guy that would go into little space. A grown ass man acting like a horny baby. How embarrassing.

"Jungkook?" There was a knock on the bathroom door, Hoseok's voice on the other side. The class must have finished, or he was just letting the kids have some free time.

"Are you ok?"

Hoseok stood there for a minute or two waiting for a reply until he gave up after getting none. He returned to the studio, greeting parents as they came to pick up their kids. It had been at least fifteen minutes and the boy still had himself locked in the toilet. Hoseok wasn't sure what to do considering the boy wouldn't even reply. Worriedly, the man pulled out his phone and dialled the only number that made sense at the moment.

***

"So, who was that girl?" Jungkook asked, firing yet another question that would keep the attention off of him. Hobi had tried to talk to him as he came out of the bathroom but the boy strategically turned the focus to him instead.

"Her name's Hana. We've been talking for a while," Hobi's eyes seemed to sparkle as he said her name, "we went on our second date last night, to this really nice restaurant."

Jungkook loved seeing the way the boy lightened up just talking about this girl. It was sweet to see his friend who had honestly been single for a long while finally start dating again. Hoseok's previous relationship had ended in a rather messy way with lots of yelling and things getting thrown around so it had been nerve-wracking to finally get himself out there again.

The pair both finished cleaning up the studio, finally getting on to packing their stuff up for the day. They didn't have any more classes for the rest of the afternoon so it was free time until tomorrow morning when they had some individual lessons to teach.

Jungkook sat on the floor, tying up the lace of the one sneaker he had on. Just as he pulled the bow tight the studio door flung open. He had expected to see that Hana woman but instead he was met with an entirely different sight. No, instead it was a panting man with a bouquet of white roses in hand.

Taehyung had run from all the way down the street, uphill to get to the building as fast as he could. After Hoseok had called him, he took a sharp turn off the road and to the closest florist. He got the flowers, looked at the traffic sitting still and decided it'd be faster to run.

"Traffic is terrible," Tae panted out as he walked into the room, gently closing the door. He had pushed it open rather forcefully, just totally concerned with getting to Jungkook quickly.

"Great," Hoseok sarcastically mumbled, picking up his bag. He gave Jungkook a smile before waving the two 'goodbye' as he left the room.

A thick silence fell between the two. Jungkook wasn't sure what to say. It felt like his knight in shining armour just appeared and he wanted to do nothing but jump into those strong arms. But there was this doubt at the back of his mind that kept him in his place.

His boyfriend caught onto how the boy flickered his eyes away, the small wobble of his lip, the crease of his brows drawing together.

"Baby, what happened?" Taehyung began walking towards him but froze in his spot as Jungkook spun his back to face him and muttered something he almost didn't hear.

"I annoy you, don't I?" Jungkook's voice wavered as tears threatened to fall, "kids are exhausting and I act like a kid, so I exhaust you, right? That's annoying, right? I think . . . I think maybe . . ."

The boy choked on a sob, dropping his head into his hands. He couldn't even manage to croak out the words 'let's break up' because it felt like poison on his tongue. Jungkook was so deeply in love with Taehyung, like their relationship was some addiction.

Taehyung dropped to his knees in front of the crying boy, making sure not to squash the roses.

"Baby," he cupped Jungkook's wet cheeks, "don't say that kind of stuff."

Jungkook clutched desperately onto Tae's shirt, unable to speak through his sobbing. He didn't cry much but life had recently just been a bit difficult for the boy – left alone to doubt himself.

"You could never annoy me," Taehyung gently pushed back Jungkook's bangs, pulling his boyfriend closer, "I love it when you're in little space and when you talk to me about silly things and look so pretty and be so pure and genuine. Even when you misbehave. I wouldn't have stuck around if I didn't love all these things about you baby. You're just a little bundle of everything perfect to me."

Jungkook crawled into Tae's embrace, tightly wrapping his legs around his hips and burying his face into the boy's neck. Taehyung just held him close and lovingly, gently running his fingers through the boy's hair in a calming manner.

The crying boy relaxed until his eyes drifted shut and he fell asleep, finally coming back to his senses.