• forty-nine •

A shared sense of worry struck the three boys currently sat in the room, wide eyes going to look at the toy truck that had accidentally been thrown at the wall. It made a loud 'bang' and unless their eyes deceived them, there was a hole in the wall.

"Hide it!" Jin was the first to snap out of his worry. He jumped up from the ground and slammed the bedroom door shut, twisting the lock as the avoid anyone from suddenly entering. On the other side he could already hear approaching footsteps.

Jungkook and Jimin also sprung to action, frantically searching around the room for something they could use to hide the hole.

"Glue," Jungkook said to Jimin, pointing to the stick of glue behind him. Jimin handed it to Jungkook and watched as the boy flipped over a colouring-in they'd just finished together and started recklessly rubbing glue all over the back.

There was a knock on the door that made all three littles pause for a moment, holding their breaths.

"Bub, boys, what was that noise?" Namjoon's voice called from the other side of the door.

"N – nothing Joonie!" Jimin yelled in response, "I j – just fe – fell over!"

The door knob twisted only a fraction before Namjoon's voice sounded again, "why is the door locked?"

Jungkook practically sprinted across the room, almost tripping and breaking his nose against the wall. His hands slammed onto the surface, catching himself just in time. With hurried hands, he slapped the colouring-in onto the wall and smoothed it down, careful to not poke a hole through the paper where the hole in the wall was.

As soon as Jungkook and Jimin fell back to the ground, Jin pulled open the door.

"Hey dada," the little awkwardly smiled, already struggling to pretend like nothing happened. He decided to return to the carpet, sitting himself between his two friends that had their best innocent faces on.

"What happened Kookie?" Taehyung immediately questioned as he stepped behind Namjoon, knowing that look on Jungkook's face. He'd seen it countless times before when the boy misbehaved.

"Nothing daddy," Jungkook confidently responded, the most familiar with lying of the three.

Namjoon stepped into the room and looked around with brows furrowed in confusion. His eyes slowly scanned the room before catching sight of the paper on the wall. It was a coloured-in zebra, the typical black and white look instead replaced with a vibrant rainbow palette. In the bottom corner were messy attempts of signatures from all three boys.

"Do you like it dada?" Jin asked, momentarily forgetting what was hidden behind the paper and now more interested in being praised for the picture he'd made with his bestest friends. They were all very proud of it and had even agreed it was some of their best work so far.

"It looks very good bub, well done," Namjoon sweetly smiled towards Jin before complimenting Jungkook and Jimin the same.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was still suspicious, "so, why was the door locked?"

Jimin looked like he was about to burst. His lips were tightly pressed together, cheeks puffing out as the boy held his breath for extra measure – just in case his breath gave away how anxious he felt. The boy looked at Jungkook with something of panic in his eyes to which Jungkook mouthed 'Yoonie' at him. It took the boy a moment, but he eventually figured out what Jungkook was saying.

Jumping up, Jimin ran out of the room with his caregiver's name being yelled from his lips. He came into the living room to find Yoongi still sitting at the table with Hoseok, the two catching up on life as it had been a while since they last talked, especially in person.

Initially Jimin was running to Yoongi but halfway he changed his mind and changed his route. Instead, the boy ran to Hoseok.

"Hobi!" Jimin jumped into the man's lap, throwing his arms around the older, "I missed you vewy much."

They'd already gone through this while Jimin was in big space but now in little space, it seemed they were going to do it again. The hug and greeting were the same but unlike before, Jimin's eyes welled with tears as he looked up at the man that used to be the closest thing he had to a caregiver. Hoseok used to take care of him, used to come over with snacks and to play games so the boy wasn't always without company.

"I missed you too Minnie," a smile that almost resembled the shape of a heart came over Hobi's lips, "why are you crying?"

"I missed you so much," Jimin sniffled, wiping at his eyes with the sleeves over the backs of his hands, "we're sti – still best fwends right?"

Hoseok cupped the boy's cheeks, "of course we are buddy, we always will be."

Jimin cuddled up to the man once again, practically melting in the familiar warmth that was Hoseok. It had been a while since they even saw each other, let alone hugged and Jimin didn't realise how much he missed it until now.

At that time, Jungkook came running out of the room in a fit of giggles, "Minnie! Help me!"

Jimin turned in Hoseok's lap to watch as Taehyung picked Jungkook up from his waist and spun the boy around before dropping him onto the couch, hands going to his sides to tickle the boy mercilessly. Jungkook tried to wriggle away but was too weak in a fit of laughter.

"D – daddy please," Jungkook managed through his laughter, "s – stop."

And with that, Taehyung stopped his attack and instead moved his hands up to cup the boy's cheeks, a look of absolute adoration shining in the man's eyes as he dipped down to press the sweetest of kisses to Jungkook's lips.

Jin and Namjoon entered the room together, the younger rushing ahead of Namjoon into the kitchen. Jin eagerly bounced up and down on the spot as Namjoon retrieved a sippy-cup and poured juice inside, handing the drink to his little before offering the same to the others.

It was then that the three littles all shared a look of realisation. It seemed that they had gotten away with putting a hole in the wall. Something of a sense of a pride came to them as Jungkook mouth 'mission accomplished'. They liked to think they were some kind of ninjas now.

surprise, there's only one more chapter until this is finished!!