• e l e v e n •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

Since the events of just last night, Yoongi hadn't been able to find a moments peace. His mind was overworking with overthinking about how he acted with Jimin who had regressed into little space for the night. He didn't really know what to do and so he just tried to behave how he would if he were with a child. Unfortunately, that lead to events which weren't quite ideal.

After giving the cat colouring to Jimin, the boy burst into tears and hid himself beneath his pastel blue sheets, refusing to come out and talk. When Yoongi was about to leave, Jimin threw off the blankets, angry that the male was just going to walk out.

"What do you want from me?" Yoongi groaned, throwing his arms into the air out of frustration.

"You're just going to l – leave me?" Jimin questioned then burst into more tears. Yoongi just about pulled his hair out. One minute the boy was saying 'leave' and the next he was saying 'stay'.

Gaining no proper response to his question except more tears, Yoongi gave up and stepped out of the room, "I'm making dinner."

Jimin didn't come out of his room for the rest of the night. The apartment was filled with a thick silence that stirred awkwardness. Yoongi was trying to walk around soundlessly as to not break the quiet, unsure if the boy had fallen asleep or was just simply sad-angry now. Either way, he didn't want to make any noise that would upset the other any further.

By the time the older's typical bed time had rolled around – one in the morning – he was too busy overthinking what had happened that he wound up getting not a wink of sleep. It was stressful, upsetting, to feel as though you hurt your friends, which he had clearly done. Why else would Jimin have burst into tears?

Seven in the morning rolled around and the man was practically springing out of bed, eager to have something to do other than stare at the wall and bite his nails. He went straight to the kitchen, putting the kettle on to boil so he could make himself a strong cup of coffee. While waiting, he poured himself a bowl of cereal just as his phone started buzzing erratically with notifications. Judging from the repeated sound and one-word messages appearing on the screen, it was Taehyung spamming him with something that could have easily been written in one text.

Yoongi went to the living room and picked up his phone, scrolling through the individual messages to piece together one sentence - 'hiya, i'm coming over with namjoon, see ya soon.'

He placed his phone down, mumbling a sarcastic 'thanks for the heads up' under his breath as he went back to the kitchen to finish making his breakfast.

Meanwhile, in the room just down the hallway, Jimin tossed and turned in his bed. He could barely sleep last night, too consumed with embarrassed thoughts of the way he had acted. He cried, in front of Yoongi, because of a colouring. Despite that, Jimin constantly looked over at it perched carefully on his desk rather fondly. It shouldn't mean so much but it just did. Coming from his long-term crush and being probably the most affection he's received in a while, it just made him suddenly emotional (getting angry when the man tried to leave was kind of unjustifiable though).

Jimin sat up in his bed with a heavy sigh. He didn't want to leave the room because that meant facing him which meant talking about what happened. What could Jimin say? Definitely not the truth, that was for sure.

There was a knock on the door.

"Namjoon and Taehyung are coming over in, like, five minutes," Yoongi spoke, voice slightly muffled through the wood. Jimin opened his mouth to respond but no sound came out. He was still incredibly embarrassed by his behaviour and it was even worse that he was in little space when it happened. Despite Yoongi's reassurances that it was 'fine', Jimin still wanted to keep it to himself just to avoid any awkward encounters. That plan had lasted about a week.

Both boys stared at the door, waiting for the other to say something. Jimin chewed at the inside of his cheek and Yoongi started biting at his nails, both anxiously waiting for anything. At this point, Jimin could be dead for all Yoongi knew - that was how silent the room had been since last night.

A minute or more passed and just as Yoongi was about to welcome himself in, just to check if his roommate was alive, the doorbell rang. He immediately knew it was Taehyung because he was the only one to use it, knowing how annoying the noise was throughout the apartment. It baffled Yoongi how he could be so mature at times then act so childishly.

Leaving the bedroom, he went to the front and pulled open the door to be met with four people. Jungkook was the first to peek inside and find the living room empty.

"Where's Minnie?" The boy asked with worried eyes, He, much like Yoongi, had instantly jumped to bad conclusions.

"He's in his room," Yoongi ran his fingers through his already messy hair, lazily gesturing down the hallway. Jungkook grabbed Jin's hand, running into the apartment and going to their friends bedroom door. When they knocked, they were actually let in.

"Hi, I'm a failure," Yoongi sighed as he let Namjoon and Taehyung inside.

Namjoon cocked up a brow, "what happened?"

The three men sat at the dining table, Yoongi wasting no time in diving into his explanation of last nights events. The disapproving expressions of the two other men were no comfort as he spoke and by the end of his speech, he was sure some of his hair had fallen out due to stress.

"Firstly, I'd just like to say that it's so nice to see you so worried about him," Taehyung teased, gently hitting the male's arm.

Yoongi glared and hit him back harder, "it doesn't mean anything special."

Namjoon cut in between the two before anything more could happen (Taehyung was kind of good at pushing Yoongi's buttons with his teasing sometimes).

"Jimin's just used to being alone. Give him some time to adjust."

Taehyung hummed in agreement, "yeah, and sometimes he's just a bit sensitive."

Yoongi sighed and slid down in his seat, slapping his hands over his face. Was it really so complicated?