• f i v e •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

Who knew that something as simple as eating chicken nuggets could be so incredibly adorable?

 And messy.

Jin was sat on the carpeted floor, cross-legged as he excitedly watched the cartoons playing on the television. His cheeks were puffed out as his mouth was stuffed with chicken nuggets. Tomato sauce was smeared at the corners of his lips and over his fingers as he wasn't exactly paying attention to how cleanly he ate. No, instead, he was more invested in knowing if the heroes would be able to stop the bad guy for a second time.

Namjoon was sat on the couch behind him, snacking on some cucumber sticks. So far, he had found himself watching his boyfriend more than the show. It was difficult to snap his eyes away from a sight so endearing.

"Oh my gosh!" Jin dramatically gasped as the heroes sent the villain into space, "did you see that?"

The little spun around to look at Namjoon with his eyes widened in amazement. Upon seeing that his caregiver wasn't paying much attention to the cartoon, a frown fell over his lips.

"You missed the best part," he pointed out with a mouthful of his last nugget.

"Don't talk with your mouth full," Namjoon reminded him as he stood up, grabbing their plates and taking them to the kitchen. He placed them into the sink, making a mental note to do the dishes tomorrow morning.

He grabbed some paper towel and walked to Jin who was now stretching across the floor. Squatting in front of the boy, Namjoon gestured for the younger to face him.

"Is it bath time now?" Jin asked as Namjoon wiped away the sauce smeared across his cheeks. The older hummed an 'uh huh' in response while still cleaning the mess on his boyfriend's face.

Once finished, Jin shot up and eagerly ran to the bathroom as this was almost his favourite thing to do at night. His most favourite thing was cuddling in bed, falling asleep and waking up in the same pair of warm arms.

Having seeing it done enough times, Jin turned on the hot and cold taps of the bathtub and began rummaging through the cupboards beneath the sink to find some bubble soap.

Meanwhile, Namjoon switched off the television and cleaned up the crumbs on the coffee table in the middle of the living room. He gave the table a quick wipe down and once finished he walked to the bathroom to find Jin pouring a generous amount of bubble soap into the running water.

"You'll drown in all those bubbles," Namjoon mumbled, causing Jin to look at him wide-eyed with worry.

"Don't worry," Namjoon smiled, grabbing the hem of his boyfriend's shirt, "I'll make sure you're safe."

"You always keep me safe Dada," Jin commented as his shirt was lifted off his body. He pulled off his own pants then made Namjoon turn around while he slid off his underwear. They weren't strangers to seeing each other naked but Jin didn't like to do anything sexual or, well, be seen naked, while in little space. It was just awkward.

Upon hearing the water slosh as Jin plopped himself down in it, Namjoon turned around and slowly sat down on the floor by the bathtub.

"How was your day Dada?" Jin asked, usually striking up this conversation around this time. He liked to give back what was given to him. In the case of Namjoon, it was attention.

Namjoon gave a basic retelling of his rather mundane day. Not even the studying students with far too many questions added much excitement. Not to be mistaken, Namjoon loved the library and working there, but that didn't necessarily mean it was always interesting.

While talking about his day Namjoon put some shampoo into his hand and began massaging it into Jin's wet hair. The younger closed his eyes and slid down further into the bathtub, relaxing from the massage.

"Close your eyes," Namjoon softly ordered when finished. With Jin's eyes closed, he used the bath water to rinse out the shampoo, being careful that nothing ran down the boy's face.

After washing Jin's hair the bath didn't last much longer. A little more time was spent with the bubbles before the plug was being pulled and Jin was wrapping himself in a white towel. Namjoon left to retrieve the boy's pyjamas. He had a few sets but recently Jin had been favouring the pastel purple ones with little decorations of pandas across them.

Before returning to the bathroom, Namjoon got into his own pyjamas which were simply grey and white striped. Namjoon came back to the bathroom and helped Jin to get dressed before the couple brushed their teeth and finally went to the bedroom together.

"I coloured this in today," Jin proudly said as he picked up the paper from the desk in the corner of their room.

When they had first moved in together all of Jin's 'little things' had been put into the second bedroom but Namjoon had figured they should share the space. Really, the boy was so whipped for Jin that his masculinity didn't matter much. It wouldn't matter if he were sleeping in a room with plushies, children toys and on a bed with pink sheets, as long as he was with Jin it didn't matter.

"It's looks beautiful," Namjoon complimented as he looked at the (attempt) of a coloured in rose.

Jin happily skipped back to the desk after receiving the compliment and returned the picture to its spot. He then came back and crawled onto the bed, throwing the blanket over himself and Namjoon who laid down next to him.

The older boy switched off the lamp on the nightstand, leaving the only light to come from the streetlights on outside the window.

As he usually did, Jin burrowed himself into Namjoon.

"Dada," Jin called, voice muffled in his boyfriend's shirt.

"Yeah?" Namjoon softly replied, throwing an arm over Jin's waist while he entangled their legs together.

"I love you."

Namjoon pressed the gentlest of kisses into the boys still damp hair, "I love you too."

[ edit - hi welcome to me making namjin the cheesiest couple ever :))) ]