• f i f t e e n •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

"Caregiver."

Yoongi tested the title on his tongue, fingers rubbing up and down on his jaw as he thought about the proposition. After spending almost a month living together, Jimin decided that it would be the best time to talk about their relationship together - in little space that was. They were nothing but friends when Jimin was in big space (even though he secretly wished to be more). Min Yoongi be his boyfriend? Just imagining the hand holding and the cuddling and the kissing made Jimin swoon.

"You do realise I have no idea what I'm doing, right?" Yoongi finally spoke just as the silence between them began to grow awkward.

"Well, I figured we could work on that," Jimin optimistically smiled, "like, make some rules together and stuff."

The older wouldn't admit it but he really liked to see Jimin smile like that. It was bright and adorable and so refreshing to see after the boy had been looking so exhausted after work the past few weeks. Too busy with planning new practices for the kids – making something more exciting because they seemed to be getting bored – the male hadn't gotten much time to revert into little space.

"Rules?" Yoongi vaguely remembered Taehyung mentioning something about that. It made sense, he guessed.

Jimin sat down on the coffee table in front of Yoongi who was comfortably wrapped in blankets on the couch, "yeah, just basic stuff like listening to you and not making a mess."

"But you're pretty much perfect, I don't get why you'd need rules."

Jimin just about rolled off the coffee table and squealed like some teenage girl meeting her idol. 'Pretty much perfect', Yoongi had actually just said that to him. The Yoongi who made Jimin's heart pound when he hummed songs to himself and shot him such handsome looks over his shoulder while he cooked in the kitchen.

It was difficult to suppress his smile and impossible to hide the blush that flooded over his cheeks.

"I'm just teasing," Yoongi laughed, leaning forward and patting the boy on the head, "we should probably make a rule where you can't just randomly cry without telling me why."

The younger boy hid his disappointment and cringed a little at the reminder of that night, "yeah, let's not talk about that."

Yoongi pushed off his blankets, having just been wrapped up and laying on the couch as he went through his phone. He was taking a break from writing after having written and edited an entire chapter just last night. He figured he deserved a break.

Getting up from the couch, Yoongi disappeared into the hallway for a minute before returning with a piece of paper and some ballpoint pens from his desk. He placed them down on the coffee table, dropping onto the floor. Jimin did the same, sliding off the table and onto the floor next to Yoongi, the corner of the table between them.

"Um, Hobi and I already have some rules together," Jimin pulled out his phone and opened up his notes, showing the screen to Yoongi.

Hoseok had been a borderline caregiver for Jimin up until he moved in with Yoongi. All that really stopped the title from being official was that they never discussed it, or maybe it was because Jimin just didn't think of Hoseok like that and so he didn't want him to be his caregiver. He still always had the man there to look after him on those off days and of course he didn't mind because Hoseok always made him laugh with his energetic behaviour and lovely personality.

They didn't have many rules, mainly because Jimin was usually well behaved with the older man and considering he always stayed in inside while in little space, Jimin didn't need rules to be set for going outside.

"Ok," Yoongi copied down what had already been written, slightly changing some wording so it made more sense for the both of them. As he was doing so, a text buzzed through Jimin's phone, someone with the contact name 'J <3 :D'.

Jimin checked the message and decided it could wait, handing his phone back to the older who now had his eyes narrowed in suspicion. A heart and smile? Was Jimin seeing someone? Why did that thought cause this . . . foreign feeling in Yoongi's chest?

"Who was that?" The man tried to play it cool as he asked, pretending to act unbothered.

"Jin," Jimin answered, leaning against the table, "he made that his contact name a while ago and I can't be bothered to change it."

That made Yoongi wonder . . . what was his contact name? Was it as affectionate as Jin's or was it just his name, plain and boring? Why did he seem to care so much?

"Anyway," Yoongi shook his head of those thoughts, getting back to what was more important, "Jin and Jungkook call Namjoon and Tae 'dad' or whatever, is there anything you want to call me?"

Jimin hummed in thought to himself, trying to think of what would be most comfortable to call the older.

A cheeky smile came over his lips, "grandpa?"

Yoongi shot him a deadpan expression, "funny."

Jimin laughed to himself and looked down at his lap to continue thinking. It was weird thinking of calling Yoongi 'Daddy', especially in big space. He tried not to let his awkward feelings show and act cool - after all, he was the one more experienced here.

"Fine, how about Dada?" Jimin asked and Yoongi almost instantly decided on that. There was something about the way Jimin said the name. There was something about how his lips softly parted, voice so melodically and innocently pronounced it. It was sweet and something he didn't hate to hear (maybe he was looking a little bit too into it, but he couldn't help it).

"Ok, that's it," Yoongi nodded his head and wrote down the name.

"Oh . . . you're actually ok with me calling you that?"

"Whatever works for you, I don't mind."

Jimin liked that. Jimin liked Yoongi. Jimin liked the butterflies that fluttered in his tummy from the simple comment which really didn't mean a lot but still felt so important.

literally wtf was my past self thinking with 'papa' - uck! get that shit out of here and give me that dada shit