• twenty-eight •

The cool night breeze brushed through the leaves of the gently swaying trees. The light ripples of the lake were the only noise to be heard beside the rustling of leaves and tapping of shoes against the pavement. It was a quiet night, dimly lit by widely spread out street lights and the brightly shining moon and stars.

It was a perfect night really, especially for a walk through an empty park right after dinner.

Taehyung and Jungkook walked hand in hand, alongside the lake that was reflecting the glimmer of the starry sky and both boys had cursed themselves for not bringing a camera. It was just a beautiful sight.

"It would be nice to live here," Tae mumbled as he pulled Jungkook towards the fence that ran alongside the path, ensuring people didn't accidently roll into the lake though it didn't really stop people – mostly teenagers – climbing over and having a quick dip, especially during summer.

Jungkook leaned against the railing, "do you want to move?"

Tae slightly pouted in thought before answering with, "not right now. We should probably save up some money first."

Jungkook nodded his head in agreement before scrunching up his nose at the same time as his boyfriend.

"Why are we talking about this? First it was kids and now it's moving houses. Boring," Tae leaned against the railing next to Jungkook, putting one arm around the boy's shoulder. Jungkook leaned into the touch, thankful for the warmth from the other's body.

"Cause we're adults," Jungkook muttered, eyes staring out at the water.

"Nah, you'll always be my baby boy."

Jungkook couldn't fight the smile that came over his lips. He turned his head and met the gaze of Taehyung. The couple stood in silence, staring dreamily at each other like there was nothing more beautiful in the world except for the man in front of them. Maybe that was what love had done to them, made everything seem so much more beautiful. Things never felt like this before they'd met each other – so magical and exciting – and even when they'd started casually sleeping together, it wasn't nearly as precious as what they had now.

"I love you," Jungkook wrapped his arms around Tae's neck, dropping his head into the crook of the man's neck.

Taehyung hugged his arms around Jungkook's small frame, "I love you too."

This was one of those sweet, precious moments. A moment when there was no one else in the world but them. Nothing. No worry, no doubt, no stress. It was just complete bliss.

And because of this bliss, Jungkook couldn't help himself as he slipped into little space. The boy dropped his arms down to fiddle with the buttons of Tae's shirt.

"D – daddy, 'm feeling little," Jungkook mumbled as he looked up at Tae, "and 'm sleepy."

Tae ruffled the boys hair with a small smile, "you want to go home?"

"Ice-cream first?" Jungkook hopefully asked, shooting the man puppy dog eyes. Tae pretended to think for a moment, putting his hand on his chin and stretching out a 'hmm'.

"Please?" Jungkook stood up on his tip-toes even though it wasn't really necessary and pressed a kiss against Tae's nose, the same way his daddy always did for him. Tae almost passed out at how incredibly adorable it was. But instead of dropping to the ground, he picked up the boy and spun him in his arms, causing Jungkook to squeal and giggle. His smile grew so big that his cheeks started to hurt.

"You've been so well-behaved lately baby," Tae smiled, Jungkook still held up in his arms, "so of course we can get ice-cream."

Jungkook bit his lip as he thought . . . if he got ice-cream when he was good and he got to do the nice feeling stuff when he was bad . . . he was really getting the best of both worlds. Though, the nice feeling stuff usually followed time-out or spankies which weren't very fun.

The couple began making their way down the street to the convenience store that was open 24-7 on the corner of the road. Jungkook excitedly skipped, not seeming very sleepy anymore. He jumped over the cracks on the pavement, dramatically gasping each time he almost stepped on a crack. Taehyung was following behind him, skipping the same way because he just loved playing with his baby boy.

When they reached the store, Jungkook ran in and headed straight to the freezer section. He quickly found his favourite banana flavoured ice-cream and grabbed out the container, also quickly finding some plastic spoons. He placed the two items down on the counter, practically jumping in his spot as Tae paid.

Both boys ignored the questioning look the cashier gave Jungkook.

The two left the store and went back down the street, finally returning to their car. Tae got in the driver's seat while Jungkook got into the passenger's side. The younger opened the ice-cream, eagerly shoving his spoon in and taking a big bite. He happily smiled and wiggled back and forth in his seat, 'm m mmm'-ing to himself.

"Do you want some Daddy?" Jungkook asked as he got some of the banana flavoured treat on his spoon and held it out to Tae.

The older man, with his eyes still on the road, leaned to the side and opened his mouth, letting Jungkook put the spoon in his mouth. The little struggled a bit and almost ended up getting ice-cream in Tae's eye but thankfully he didn't.

"You're so handsome Daddy," Jungkook sighed as he looked at Tae. The street lights would flicker over him before fading into darkness so only his silhouette was visible. His features looked sharp from the side, hair was messy from the breeze that had pushed it around for a lot of their night together.

"You are too baby."

"Love you lots," Jungkook smiled before shovelling another spoonful of ice-cream into his mouth.