• thirty-three •

Jimin had only ever been in one relationship. It was during his mid-highschool years when he was starting to question his own identity. When the girl had approached him and asked to go on a date, he accepted because she was pretty, funny and Jimin thought he loved her. That was until the boy realised this so called 'love' of his were just friendly feelings. His girlfriend was more of a best friend than a partner to him. It was at this same time that Jimin finally came to terms with his identity and his sexuality. The rockiness of their relationship (caused by Jimin's conflicted emotions) finally came to end when Jimin confessed to his then girlfriend that he was gay. That he was a gay boy dating a girl.

Contrary to what he had expected, she was understanding and promised that they could stay friends. Which they did. Even now the two occasionally contacted each other.

But since that time, Jimin had never been in another relationship. He'd never been with a man, never even kissed one.

And here was Min Yoongi, confessing that he wanted to date Jimin. The Min Yoongi – his long-term crush, his now caregiver, his dream man. Jimin questioned if this was reality.

"I'm sorry," Yoongi shook his head, "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I just-"

"Yoongi," Jimin cut off the boy, squeezing the hands that were still holding his own, "I . . ."

Having come out of little space from the confession, Jimin was much more aware of what exactly was happening. His little space innocence couldn't help calm his now pounding heart. But he had to do the same thing Yoongi had done. Admit the truth. Now or never.

"I feel the same way."

The room fell silent between the two. So quiet in fact that they began to worry if the other could hear their frantically beating heart. Jimin was suddenly wishing for a window to be opened so he could get a breeze to cool down his red flushed face. Yoongi was suddenly wishing he'd done this sooner - it would have saved a lot of unnecessary stress over whether the other reciprocated his feelings or not.

"Oh, well," Yoongi cleared his throat and his grip on Jimin's hands loosened.

"What do we do now?" Jimin asked, pulling his hands away to drop them in his lap. He stared down at his fingers as he nervously fiddled with them, waiting for an answer he wouldn't admit he wanted to hear. Something along the lines of going out together.

Yoongi's confidence slowly came back to him, "do you want to go on a date?"

Jimin's cheeks were already on fire but the question made the rest of his face flush. He hid his face in his hands as he shyly nodded his head, squeaking out a small 'sure'.

Then the two boys sat in silence, unsure of what to say to the other. Do they just pick up conversation like they hadn't just admitted their feelings to each other? Or do they talk about what they want to do for a first date?

A first date. Jimin couldn't stop smiling. Yoongi was fighting at a smile – he didn't want Jimin to see how incredibly eager he was. He was meant to be tough or whatever.

When Jimin finally took his head out of his hands and looked up. His eyes met Yoongi's. They simply stared at each other for a minute before Yoongi first moved his gaze down to Jimin's lips. They were plump and pretty.

He wanted to kiss Jimin. For the first time ever Yoongi wanted to give someone a kiss that meant something. Not some sloppy tongue to tongue while he and some random stranger from a bar went at it in the bedroom. A real kiss that would show Jimin just how dedicated Yoongi had already become to him.

Jimin's gaze dropped the same way. Down to Yoongi's lips that he thought about too much.

"Yoongi?" Jimin just barely whispered.

"Hmm?"

The boy moved forward slightly, "can I . . . can I kiss you?"

Yoongi slid across the couch to come over and cup Jimin's warm cheeks. He moved so close that their breaths fanned against each other. They could both feel how breathless the other already was. Maybe it was nerves, maybe it was excitement.

Jimin's didn't really know where to put his hands so he ended up practically clutching Yoongi's thighs. He was undoubtedly nervous. This would be the first kiss he had with a man. This would be his first kiss with Yoongi. It felt surreal. He leaned closer. There was almost no space left between their lips. A small breeze could push them together.

Yoongi moved first. He titled his head slightly to the side and closed the small gap between them. And that was it. Their first kiss together. It felt sweet and as magical as people sometimes described it. The sensation of Jimin's soft lips against Yoongi's sent shivers down the boy's spine. He liked it, how delicate Jimin felt, how sweet he was. The feeling of Yoongi just touching Jimin had the boy practically melting down into a puddle of fuzzy feelings.

They were just as breathless as before when they pulled away from the kiss that was admittedly a bit short lived. The longer ones could come at later times.

"That – I – you," Jimin rubbed the back of his neck and looked to the side of the room, ". . . yeah."

Yoongi cleared his throat again and stood up, "I, uh, need to go plan a date or whatever."

And with that, Yoongi hurriedly left the living room to escape into his own room. He fell against the bed, face first into the pillows where he hid his beaming smile.

Meanwhile, Jimin excitedly jumped around on the couch, victoriously punching the air a bit before he laid down. He stared up at the ceiling, feeling a little dazy. He still couldn't believe what had happened, did in fact happen.

It felt like a dream come true. A near perfect dream.