• f o u r •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

The extra hour to stay back at work had stretched longer then intended. There was one particular student that kept continuously asking questions rather than letting Namjoon pack up. It had come to a point where he began to think that this student genuinely believed he was their math teacher. The man may be smart and he may enjoy helping but not for an extra hour and a bit.

It was only until the girl's mother arrived to pick her up did she stop and finally leave. Namjoon was following behind shortly after, finally able to lock the doors for the night. Much like his significant other, he didn't work over the weekend and so the next two days were completely free to do whatever. Most likely, he'd just end up staying inside and not doing much.

The drive through the city was a pain. No one seemed to know how to drive and the traffic lights turned red every time Namjoon approached. An additional ten minutes was added onto his usual fifteen-minute drive. At this point, he was almost a whole extra hour later than what he had originally said. Every passing second caused worry to grow greater within the man as he wondered what was happening at home.

Yoongi hadn't come into the library, claiming that things came up. Suspicious, but surely nothing too major. At least Namjoon hoped. He was oblivious that Yoongi now knew the secret they had been keeping for almost a year now.

As Namjoon pulled into the driveway he found the space empty. Taehyung must have left. That did nothing to ease the man's worry. How long had Jin been left alone?

Jin was able to keep himself from harms way and could handle being alone for some time but he eventually got lonely. He could get moody and would do messy things to relieve his boredom. Hopefully it hadn't been long enough for things to come to that.

The male got out of the car and walked to the front door, unlocking it with the keys hidden in a pot plant on the porch. He pushed it open and stepped inside the home to be met with the sound of cartoons playing. Shrugging off his jacket and hanging on the rack by the door, he walked into the living room.

A dumb, adoring smile came over his lips at the sight before him.

Jin, sat on the couch and wrapped in his favourite fluffy pink blanket while he sipped his juice from a sippy cup. The boy was intently watching the television, letting out a little cheer after the heroes got away from the bad guy. It took a moment but he finally registered the second presence in the room. As his eyes glided over to meet Namjoon's, a bright smile came over his lips.

"Hey bub," Namjoon walked over to the couch and sat next to Jin, "sorry I was late."

Jin crawled into the man's lap, throwing his blanket over the both of them.

"I missed you," Jin mumbled into the cloth of Namjoon's shirt as he burrowed his face into the man's chest.

"I missed you too," Namjoon replied, pressing a kiss to the side of the younger's temple.

"How much?" Jin pulled back to smile at his caregiver, not so subtly digging for some compliments. He loved praise – it meant he was being a good boy.

"A million times."

"A billion?"

"A zillion," Namjoon said in a matter-of-factly tone. Jin's eyes were sparkling at the words, mouth wide open in a gummy smile. A blush brushed across his cheeks as Namjoon pressed a little kiss on his cheek.

Shyly, Jin hid his face behind his blanket, falling back into Namjoon's chest. The older had practically melted into a puddle at this point. He absolutely loved seeing his boyfriend get so shy and act so cutely. Those rosy cheeks and pretty smile were what he got up for in the morning and came home for at night.

"Let's make dinner," Namjoon suggested which had Jin pouncing up and excitedly running to the kitchen.

"Yummy yummy nuggies," he excitedly sang, bouncing up and down. Namjoon picked up the boy's sippy cup and neatly placed the blanket down on the couch before going to the little kitchen. The house was relatively small, almost twice as large as Yoongi's apartment – not that there was much to multiply in the first place. There were two bedrooms, a bathroom, living space and study that was currently in use as a place to store miscellaneous items. The backyard was small with space to stand and admire the small garden that was slowly growing. But despite the size, this was home to the couple.

Namjoon dug through the fridge, getting out some vegetables to have with their chicken nuggets. Jin shot a disapproving glare at the carrots. Against the boys wishes to be able to eat sweets and nuggets for the rest of his life, Namjoon made sure he maintained a good diet with vegetables for dinner and fruits for breakfast.

In the past Jin would always mumble about how Kookie and Minnie didn't have to eat their greens but he had since (reluctantly) come to accept his fate.

"I'll make sure you don't hurt yourself Dada," Jin smiled as he climbed onto a stool on the other side of the counter. His desire to help out had disappeared quickly.

Namjoon got to work on peeling the carrots while listening to Jin retell the events of his day. Things seemed to be going well – playing with his friends as usual - until a certain part of the story shot his eyes wide open.

"Yoongi?" Namjoon repeated.

"Dada, it's rude to interrupt," Jin reminded him with a little frown.

"Sorry bub, but did you say Yoongi . . . saw you colouring?" It seemed that was the best way to word it.

"Yep."

Well, this was something both Taehyung and Yoongi had failed to mention. How did he even find out? Taehyung was here to keep an eye on them. Surely he would have kept a distance between Yoongi and the three littles.

"Anyways, we played with Kookie's toy trucks and he has this huge one that was almost the size of my face!"