• thirty-eight •

Jimin stared at himself in the mirror, fingers fiddling with the top button of his shirt. He was trying to decide whether or not the outfit he wore was good enough. Yoongi had said to dress in something casual, so Jimin had tried to do just that but also look like he put some effort into his outfit. After digging through what felt like hundreds of pieces of clothes, he finally decided on a simple white button up, tucked into a pair of ripped, black jeans that sat high up enough on his body to faintly show off his waist. To go with it, he had figured a pair of black boots and a black cardigan would look good.

But now that he was fully dressed and time was running out, the boy was beginning to second guess everything. Worriedly, he picked up his phone and took a picture of himself in the full-length mirror, sending it to the group chat with Jin and Jungkook. The two boys replied almost immediately, flattering Jimin with texted compliments and gushing over how adorable he looked.

When Jimin had told the two about his date with Yoongi, they had been as speechless as him. Then, they finally found their words and spammed Jimin's phone with messages of questions, congratulations and tips. The spam had multiplied when he added on that they already kissed. Jin just about passed out upon discovering his close friend of years had finally had his first kiss with another man. No longer did Jimin have to imagine what it felt like.

Upon getting a definite thumbs up from both Jungkook and Jin, Jimin decided to stay in his outfit. He made the final touch of parting his bangs slightly off centre before drawing in a deep breath and reminding himself this was really happening.

There was a knock on the door.

With a mix of nerves and excitement, Jimin walked to his bedroom door and pulled it open. His breath seemed to be snatched away.

"Hey," Yoongi shyly lifted one corner of his lips, "I hope you like flowers."

The man lifted the bouquet of sunflowers and irises, the two colours vibrant and complimenting each other. Jimin's cheeks burned with a blush as he took the bouquet and stiffly nodded his head.

"Uh, yeah, I love flowers," he quietly replied, "thank you."

Yoongi nodded his head the same way, "great . . . so, should we get going?"

The rest of Jimin's face flushed red as he gently put his hand into Yoongi's extended one. He lowered his head so his bangs would hopefully hide his blushing features and let Yoongi lead the way down the hallway, into the kitchen where a vase with water inside was already prepared. Jimin once again thanked Yoongi as he put the flowers in.

The two then headed out of the apartment, Jimin returning his hand to Yoongi's. He liked how it felt - Yoongi was warming up his cold fingers and his skin was soft again Jimin's own.

They exited out onto the street and Yoongi continued to lead the way down the path. He and Jimin struggled to make small talk, both boys so racked with nerves that they couldn't quite talk as they usually do.

Initially Jimin was clueless as to where they were going until fairy lights strung through trees came into his view. Slowly, a feeling of déjà vu crept up on the boy until it became clear.

The markets.

They had come here when Jimin first moved in, to do grocery shopping. Jimin vaguely remembered mentioning that they should come here more often – that plan hadn't really worked out. The same with his plan to make Yoongi get outside more, although the man seemed to be doing that on his own without much provoking required.

"I know it's not some fancy restaurant," Yoongi started as they began walking through the stalls of the markets, "but I just remembered that look in your eyes when we first came here. I figured you would like this."

It was then that Jimin realised just how much thought Yoongi had put into this. He was touched. He was flattered that the man paid enough attention to him to even pick up on a detail like that.

"It's great," Jimin smiled, still looking around at the glowing trees with a wonder like shine to his eyes, "this is really beautiful."

Yoongi's heart skipped a beat as he looked at Jimin. That shine in his eyes, that gorgeous smile over his lips, the way his hand clutched his a little tighter because the boy was worried about tripping over while he looked up – it was such a pretty sight. Yoongi wanted to hit himself for waiting so long to ask out someone as precious as Park Jimin.

"So, is there anything you want to do?" Yoongi asked, nerves starting to fade as he got more comfortable with this – going on a date that is. It had been so long since he actually did. Now that he thought about it, it had been a while since he did much of anything other than his regular routine at home. There had been no fuck-buddies, visits to nearby bars, no dates, not even a profile on some dating app.

Maybe Yoongi had subconsciously decided to . . . wait for something a little more special than all those past activities that provided only temporary pleasure. Maybe that special something had finally come along.

"Well, I'm pretty sure I can smell beef, so let's go to wherever that is," Jimin pulled Yoongi through the markets, trying to spot the meat he could smell being cooked. He used the smoke in the air as help and eventually he found himself standing in front of an open barbeque. As predicted, beef was being grilled over open flames.

Yoongi bought them both some meat, along with a handful of vegetables from the neighbouring stall. Then, the two started making their way through the markets while they ate their food. Jimin mostly pulled Yoongi around, his attention being capturing by every interesting looking thing.

They came to one stall that was selling an assortment of jewellery. Jimin was particularly drawn to a rather simple looking necklace. It was made up of a long silver chain, an opal pendant encased in an intricately detailed oval frame. There were miniature diamonds running over the frame – undoubtedly fake considering the price – but it was still beautiful to look at.

Yoongi picked up the necklace, "can we get this, please?"

"Yoongi, you don't-"

The man silenced the boy after paying for the necklace by turning around and waving his hand, "I know I don't have to, but I want to."

Jimin thought he was used to this, but a blush still brushed over the apples of his cheeks.

sorry that this isn't very good, i've been sick lately ;-;

i've also tried to write a few future chaps, so sorry if those aren't very good either but thanks for reading anyway :)