• s i x •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

It had been quiet for most of the day, even when company arrived. This was a peaceful home and rarely did people ever break that peace. Anyone that potentially could wasn't invited over anyway. Yoongi liked his space and wouldn't hesitate to move someone if they were spoiling it.

Luckily, Jimin was a gentle soul. Being pleasant and not disturbing things came naturally to him. Before work he was busy getting ready for work and afterwards he was exhausted from coaching the local kid's soccer team. Having his energy drained made him much less energetic.

It seemed that the two were perfect roommates. Jimin was the quiet person Yoongi wouldn't totally hate seeing around and Yoongi was the boy Jimin liked to think about too often. Only Jungkook knew but Jimin seemed to have developed feelings beyond platonic towards the older male. It had begun the one night their entire friend group went out for dinner. Nothing particularly special happened, Yoongi simply sat next to Jimin, but feeling the boys arm brush against his own so often caused Jimin's heart to flutter and cheeks tint a pale pink.

"So, what do you think?" Yoongi asked as he concluded his short tour around the small apartment. If you looked past the simple design, it was a rather cosy place.

"Why do you want me to move in again?" Jimin asked as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jumper. When Yoongi had texted him he had fallen off his bed from rolling around in excitement. Being able to live with your crush, what kind of luck was that?

"Rent will be easier," Yoongi shrugged, "and Tae figures it would be nice."

It was strange that Taehyung had suggested such a thing but Jimin decided not to question it.

"Well, I'll have to sort out my current place," Jimin sighed, raking his fingers through his bangs. His current living arrangement was . . . unstable, to say the least. His landlord charged far more than the actual price but he couldn't do anything as the closest available (affordable) apartment was an hour out of the city. Having to coach three junior soccer teams every day of the week – the drive to and from would be hell. That was of course, if he even had a car. It was too expensive to purchase one at the moment, especially considering how his landlord kept digging for cash by using the stupidest reasons. Jimin could sometimes avoid it, but other times he couldn't.

"So, do you suck on pacifiers and stuff?" Yoongi suddenly questioned. Jimin's eyes snapped wide open in both shock and embarrassment.

"A – about what you saw yesterday-"

Yoongi fell onto his couch, "Taehyung already explained the whole concept to me."

This only furthered Jimin's embarrassment. His crush knew about his habit of going into little space, about how he was far too emotionally attached to a teddy bear with an unoriginal name. Though secretly, even in big space, Jimin loved the bear. It had been something he'd grown close with after having around for so long. There were many past memories, good and bad, attached to the stuffed toy.

"It's kind of weird, I won't lie," Yoongi looked up at Jimin.

"If I do end up moving in I swear I won't do anything around you. I know it-"

Jimin's rambling was cut off by Yoongi once again as the man lifted his hand into the air.

"You shouldn't let others stop you from doing what you enjoy. Especially if it helps with stress."

Jimin felt a smile fight at his lips. While Yoongi seemed to be saying one thing, then another, Jimin understood. It was touching that his friend could understand this . . . habit of his. It was even more touching that he was willing to let him move in even after finding about the childlike antics. Just yet another reason to find yourself crushing on the great Min Yoongi. Though he came off as intimidating, he was truly just an acceptive man with a big soft spot for all his friends and family. Although, he liked to think no one noticed that.

"So, do you have a pacifier?" Yoongi repeated his question, kicking his legs up onto the coffee table in front of him.

"Um," Jimin rubbed the back of his neck, looking to the side of the room, "if I'm deep into little space, then yeah."

"Can you remember the stuff you do, or is it like a black out?" Yoongi asked. He couldn't help himself. He was an inquisitive man and this concept was particularly interesting. 'Little Space' was something he'd never known about until now, let alone that his friends were involved with it. Until Jimin told him to shut up, he'd ask questions to quench his thirst for answers.

"Again, it depends on how deep into it I am."

Yoongi's phone began to buzz on the coffee table. Both men looked to the device, reading the Caller ID. 'Brunette, 6 inches'. A past hook-up that Yoongi liked just enough to save the contact of. Usually he'd have sex then forget about it the next day but some guys just knew how to give it without the fuss of feelings afterwards.

Yoongi picked up the phone, answering the call despite his friend standing right next to him.

Jimin would be hurt but he already knew about Yoongi's bad habit. He knew the man was secretly lonely but hid behind a cover of coolness. He knew that Yoongi believed he needed to uphold a reputation when the reality was, you didn't really have one with your friends. And his friends were all that Yoongi had.

"I'll go," Jimin picked up his bag and threw one strap over his shoulder, walking to the front door. He in no way wanted to be around what might be happening after or even during the exchange.

"I'lll talk to you later," Yoongi called from the couch before returning to his phone.

Jimin only nodded in response before leaving and heading down the apartment staircase, coming out onto the street below.

[ edit - hi im just here to say that mono. really is a very nice album, very aesthetic, i am very proud of joon like wow look at this man go. im also here to say that it should be impossible for i do love u and shoot out to exist on the same album monsta x what do you mean ??? anyway thanks for coming, thanks for reading, i hope you have a nice day :) ]