• twenty-one •

The bus was a little more crowded then it usually was. For someone who had just finished working in a stressful environment for the past six hours, it wasn't exactly the most ideal setting to be in. Jin kept to himself, earbuds in and music playing with his hoodie pulled over his head. There weren't too many stops before his, so he wasn't going to have to put up with the people sitting next to him for very long. They were talking loudly and weren't very conscious of their movements, bumping Jin a few times. Not to mention that their conversation was rather inappropriate, especially for such a public setting.

When the bus finally stopped, Jin stepped onto the path outside, being met with a cold breeze. He pulled his jacket tighter around himself and began walking past houses that had already switched off their lights for the night. It was nine o'clock, probably late to some. Jin would be getting ready for bed if not for Namjoon who was yet again staying back at work later than usual. The boy wanted to at least see his boyfriend before going to bed, so he was going to keep awake until he got home.

Walking up to the front porch, Jin pulled his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the front door, pushing it open to darkness. He flicked on the lights as he walked straight to the bathroom, stripping out of his work uniform and stepping into the shower. It was a quick shower taking only a few minutes or so. Afterwards, the boy stepped out, dried himself and got dressed into soft pink pyjamas.

Stepping into the kitchen, Jin got himself some cookies and fell onto the couch, switching on the television where the channel that was last on started playing. Unfortunately for the boy who had decided to stay in big space, it was one of his favourite cartoons. Paired with the cookies and soft, warm feeling of his pyjamas, it wasn't long before Jin slipped into little space.

Just ten minutes away was Namjoon, fingers drumming against his steering wheel as he waited at a red light. He was driving home, eager to just get in bed. While most definitely loving his job, Namjoon had been exhausted all day. He didn't sleep well last night, and then in the morning a lot of his energy was spent on the quickie he and Jin had before they both went off to work. Most of the day had been spent stacking shelves, which wasn't particularly exciting.

Opening the garage, Namjoon drove his car in, closed the garage door and then headed inside. The lights still switched on and television softly playing through the walls meant Jin was still awake.

"Dada!" Jin excitedly bounced off the couch as he saw Namjoon emerge from the hallway. He ran over to his boyfriend, pulling him into a tight hug.

"How long have you been little bub?" Namjoon asked, gently running his fingers through the boy's brunette hair. It was puffed up on his head, probably from being over blow-dried and brushed.

Jin didn't answer the question and instead tugged on Namjoon's sleeve, "let's watch some cartoons."

"You need to go to bed."

Any other time and Jin would comply, but he seemed to be especially missing his caregiver tonight. He just wanted to watch cartoons and eat cookies with his dada, not go to sleep and do nothing.

"Come on," Jin said softly, hoping Namjoon would just give in. He tugged at the boy's sleeve gently, lifting a hand to his mouth to nervously take a finger between his lips. Even just looking into Namjoon's eyes, Jin could tell he was in no mood to argue tonight. But that was just too bad for the man because Jin wanted to 'watch cartoons!'.

"Not tonight bub," Namjoon said a little sternly, pulling his sleeve away from the younger boy, "go brush your teeth."

Jin huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, "what if the episode never plays again?"

"It will."

"But it might not."

"Bub-"

"Just one episode."

"Jin," Namjoon said much more sternly now, quite clearly having to hold himself back from raising his voice. He was easily irritable considering how exhausted he was and right now the little was really testing his limited patience.

Jin didn't like the tone of Namjoon's voice. He angrily knitted his brows together and marched back to the couch, sitting down on the cushions. That was when Namjoon noticed the mess of cookie crumbs all over the floor and on the rug.

"Jin!" Namjoon threw his hands into the air with a frustrated sigh, "why is it so messy?"

The younger boy shrunk in on himself. Right now, his dada looked very big and scary. There was a vein beginning to show on the side of his neck and anyone knew that wasn't good news, especially not if Jin continued to test him.

"I made magic dust," the little reached out and picked up a pile of crushed cookies, feebly throwing it into the air with a small 'whoosh' sound effect from his lips.

"Go to your room," Namjoon pointed down the hallway, voice telling that there was no room for debate, "sit in the time-out corner."

Jin gasped at the order, "n – no. I'm tired now dada, let's go to bed."

Namjoon shook his head and once again pointed down the hallway, ordering the boy with a simple 'go'. Jin stood from the couch, head hung as he let out a little whine, slowly walking into their bedroom. He didn't want to be in trouble, he didn't want to have a time-out. He just wanted to watch cartoons and make magic dust with Namjoonie.

Slumping down onto the seat that faced the corner of the bedroom walls, Jin curled himself up into a ball, hugging his knees to his chest and hiding his head in his legs. Even though he wanted to be grumpy with Namjoon, he really couldn't be. He had seen his boyfriend's tired eyes and now he was starting to feel bad about not listening and making a mess.

Jin listened attentively to what was happening outside the bedroom door – a vacuum cleaner, the bathroom sink running and then footsteps nearing the room. Namjoon walked in, falling onto the bed with a deep sigh as he told Jin his time-out had finished. The younger cautiously slid off the seat, gently crawling into the bed.

"I'm sorry," the little whispered, sitting up cross legged, "I love you lots and lots dada."

Namjoon, despite being annoyed about having to clean up, couldn't help but smile.